Galaxy Watch 4 with ECG and pressure monitoring: how to enable it for everyone, even for those who don’t have a Samsung smartphone. Quick and easy driving
Activate ECG and pressure on Galaxy Watch 4 without having a Samsung phone
The fundamental step, before reading the guide, is to refer to the Drive folder where all the files necessary for the guide are located. You can find it at this address.
Once this is done, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Install the modified Samsung Health Monitor app on your smartphone. Just transfer the app apk file called Phone.WearOS.SHM.MOD.XXXXXX.dante63.apk to your smartphone’s internal storage and select it to install it. You will be prompted for manual permission to install the app, which always appears when you try to install an app outside of official stores.
- Now you need to install the same modified Samsung Health Monitor app on a smartwatch, a process that is more complicated than the installation just seen on a smartphone. In fact, you have to Open the Watch SHM MOD WearOS folder in the Drive repository shared above. Then open the READ ME -ADB Manual instructions file and extract the contents to a folder on the desktop.
- Then click on the Minimal ADB Fastboot executable file and follow the instructions that will appear on the screen.
- Once the ADB driver installation process on the PC is complete, a popup window should automatically appear. If this does not happen, go to the folder where Minimal ADB Fastboot was installed and open the file cmd-here.
- Then you will need to enable the ADB via Wi-Fi on Galaxy Watch 4. To do this you will need to enable the Developer Options, by repeatedly pressing the Build number in the smartwatch settings.
- Once you have enabled the Developer Options, you will be able to enable the USB debugging and debugging over Wi-Fi options within them.
- Make a note of the IP address that will be found within the smartwatch’s network settings.
- Go back to the PC in the ADB command window and type the ADB connect command followed by the IP address noted in the previous step.
- You should now see the request to access USB debugging via Wi-Fi on the smartwatch. At this point, it will be necessary to grant permission.
- Type and send the command below to start installing the modified Samsung Health Monitor app on your smartwatch. For everything to go well, the smartwatch app installation file must be located in the same directory as the cmd-here file. Also, you will need to replace the Xs below with the build number of the Samsung Health Monitor app found in the Drive repository. COMMAND: ADB -s “IP address” install Watch.SHM.MOD.XXXXXX.dante63.apk
- If everything went well you should see the “ Success ” feedback in the command window on the PC. Otherwise, you have to repeat the steps above, because something was not done as described. Once this is complete it will be necessary to disconnect the devices using the command below. COMMAND: ADB disconnect
- Once this is complete, you should be able to open the Samsung Health Monitor app on your smartphone, connected to the smartwatch, and see the banners relating to ECG and blood pressure monitoring, exactly as shown in the screenshots below.
- Before starting to use them on the smartwatch it is recommended to disable the debugging options, enabled first through the Developer Options, on the smartwatch to reduce consumption.