If you are an Android user, then you must know that Android has introduced many features to enhance the security of your device. Among them, is the FRP lock which stands for Factory Reset Protection.
The FRP lock restricts anyone from factory resetting the device. Only the owner can do it. But what if someone forgets the Google account password or buys a second-hand phone? In this article, we will talk about some tools that will help you bypass FRP lock. We will tell you how to remove FRP on Samsung.
How does FRP work on Samsung smartphones?
As already said, FRP is Factory Reset Protection which works to restrict factory reset of Android devices. This feature is available on Android 5.1 and above. If FRP is activated, no one can factory reset the phone. A factory reset erases all the data, apps, and media files that are on the phone.
Therefore, to do a factory reset on your phone, you need to be signed in to your Google account, the same Google account that was used to set up the phone. If you are going to sell or give the phone to someone, make sure to reset the phone yourself because giving the password is not secure.
3 Methods to Remove FRP Lock on Your Samsung Device
To factory reset the phone, you should be able to unlock the FRP with your Google account and password. But let’s say you forgot the password or bought an old device. In these cases, there are different methods and tools that can help you bypass FRP on Samsung devices.
Remove FRP lock from your Samsung easily with LockWiper Android
The first and most professional way to remove FRP on Samsung is to use a special tool, like iMyFone LockWiper Android.
LockWiper Android allows you to bypass FRP lock without Google account verification. It has a very high success rate and is compatible with numerous Android devices. In addition, it also lets you bypass the Android lock screen, which includes bypassing fingerprint, PIN, pattern, and face unlock protection.
The best thing about LockWiper Android is that it is not only compatible with Samsung devices, but also with Android phones from Vivo, OPPO, Xiaomi, Sony, Huawei, LG, and Google.
oh! And the data will not be lost during the FRP removal process. It is very simple to use, although you can follow the instructions to easily remove the FRP lock that we show you below:
Download and install LockWiper Android on your PC. Then open it and click “ Remove FRP lock ”. Then select the « Standard mode «.
Choose the Android version of your Samsung device and click « Start «. If you don’t know the Android version, click on ” I don’t know the version of the device’s operating system “.
Since Android 11 is the latest and most of the phones are using it, we are going to look at Android 11 FRP lock removal.
Head over to the Play Store and download “ Alliance Shield “. After installation, go to « Settings > Account and backup > Backup and restore > Data backup «. Select only the apps to back up. Restore the backup.
Now, connect your phone to the computer. LockWiper Android will appear on your screen; click « View «. It will take you to the Galaxy Store. Search for S8/S7 Launcher, download, and open it.
Go to « Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Universal switch «. Now, tap on jump and tap on “ Universal Switch Shortcut ”. Next, tap on « Disable » and disable the buttons. Check the “Accessibility button” box. You will see a user icon in the bottom right corner.
Go back to « Settings > Account and backup » and click on the user icon and on « Restore data » at the same time. If the update starts, try again to touch both icons at the same time. Then click on « Cancel » and then on « Restore «. When the restoration is finished, click on ” Done “. Open S8/S7 Launcher and then launch “ Alliance Shield “.
Keep clicking “Next” until you get to a login page. Sign up and log into your account. Enter the « Device Model » starting with SM. Click on « Device Admin » and click on « Activate > Next «. Next, click on « Knox » and then « Confirm > Next » and finally on « Finish «.
Check if Knox and Admin are green then tap on “ App Manager ”. Look for « Service Mode » and click on it. Now, choose “ com.sec.android.app.modem.activities.USB settings ”, you will find it under the “Activities” bar. Open it.
Check the ” MTP+ADB ” box. Unplug the cable from the phone and plug it back in. Allow USB debugging. Now, press the power button and the volume down button at the same time. The screen will flash, which is normal. Wait a few minutes and the Google lock will be removed.
Now, you can go to « Settings > General management > Reset > Factory data reset » and delete all the data. Sign in to your Samsung account and restart your device. This will remove the Samsung FRP.
Bypass FRP lock without PC
This second method will allow you to remove the FRP lock without a PC. It is a simple, but long way to bypass FRP lock without having the help of a PC. Are you interested? Follow these steps:
- Go to « Verify your account » and click on « Email or phone «. When the keyboard appears, press « @ » until the configuration menu appears. Click on the three dots at the top right of the screen.
- Tap on “Help & Feedback” and then select ” Use Google Keyboard “. Now, long press on any text to select it; Next, you have to tap on « Web Search », which appears in the upper right corner. When the search appears, delete the text and type « Settings «.
- When the settings open, tap on “ About phone ”. Now, you have to open the developer options menu. Press seven times on « Build number » to activate the developer options menu.
- Turn on OEM unlock and double tap on “ Back ”. Now the FRP lock will be removed. Restart the phone, choose a language and connect to a WiFi connection. The phone will not ask for the Google account now. Enter a new Google account to activate the phone.
Use an FRP Hijacking Tool
If you don’t want to go into the hassle of removing FRP from your Samsung device, then you can use an FRP Hijacker Tool.
An FRP Hijacker Tool app does not require anything from the user. You just have to connect your phone, and the process will be done by the FRP Hijacker Tool. One such tool is Haggard’s FRP Hijacker Tool. It supports FRP lock reset and works with both old and new Samsung devices. With just one click, you can remove the FRP of your desired Samsung devices. Follow the steps below to remove the FRP:
- Download the Samsung FRP bypass hijacker tool (latest version). Unzip the tool.
- You need to disable Windows Defender antivirus before proceeding further. Then, start the Hijacker installation.
- Open the tool and select your Samsung device. Connect your Samsung phone to the computer using a USB cable. Now, scan the post for a com port.
- After selecting the com port, click on « Hijack it «. It will take a few minutes to process, and then you can factory reset your phone.
Remove FRP lock on your Samsung device
FRP is a very good and secure way to keep data safe on your phone. If you lose your phone then no one can factory reset it without having access to your Google account. We have talked about how to remove FRP on Samsung. In case you have forgotten the password or bought a second-hand phone, you can use the three methods to factory reset your phone that we have offered here.
The FRP can be removed using some tools. Among these tools, the best one is Android LockWiper. Also, if you don’t want to use a PC, you can also try method number 2 illustrated in the article. LockWiper Android is secure and has a high success rate in bypassing the FRP lock.
More tips that you like:
- (Multi Window) Split Screen on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Activate ECG and pressure on Galaxy Watch 4
- 7 Tips to increase Samsung Galaxy battery life
- How to enable Live Captioning on your Samsung smartphone
- Best configuration for saving battery on your Samsung smartphone
- How to remove the black bar from the Samsung keyboard
- Adjust the screen refresh rate of your Samsung
- Easy Steps To Record The Samsung Galaxy Screen
- How To Setup Galaxy Buds Headphones
- How To Use 360 Audio Recording in Samsung Camera