GetApps is the store owner of Xiaomi pre-installed on the smartphone models of the Chinese house, including Redmi and Poco Phone. If you do not use it and you no longer want to see the frequent notifications of the app, in this guide we will list 3 ways to disable it in the phones mentioned above.
How to disable GetApps on Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco Phone smartphones
Formerly known as Mi Picks, Xiaomi GetApps is a proprietary app store where you can download apps for your smartphone. However, since the Google Play Store is the most widespread and secure one, for sure you wish you could uninstall GetApps.
Unfortunately, Xiaomi does not allow you to disable GetApps in the settings but there are some available nonetheless alternative solutions that can help you eliminate the annoying GetApps notifications on your smartphones produced by the Chinese company.
Disable GetApps notifications
MIUI does not offer the option to disable GetApps. However, it allows you to turn off their notifications, that’s how:
- Open the settings of your Xiaomi, Redmi, or Poco phone;
- Go up App> Manage apps;
- Search for GetApps and tap on it;
- On the next screen, disable the toggle related to the item Notifications;
- You can also force a shutdown of the app and delete the related data.
Disable GetApps via ADB
To remove GetApps permanently from your Xiaomi phone, you can also use the ADB commands which are usually used to remove bloatware on Android smartphones. Below is a three-step process to remove GetApps using ADB on your computer:
- Download ADB for your PC (Windows, Mac, Linux) and then extract the zip file;
- On your phone, enable developer options. To do this, go up Settings> About device and then tap the MIUI version seven times until you see the message appear Developer options have been enabled.
- Next, go up the additional Settings> Developer Options;
- Here you activate USB debugging.
Connect the smartphone with ADB
- Connect your Xiaomi phone to the PC using a USB cable;
- Select the option File transfer from the notification panel;
- Confirm when asked to allow access to USB debugging on your phone.
Uninstall GetApps via ADB commands
- Go to the ADB folder, then press Shift + right-click and select Open PowerShell window here or Open command prompt here;
- Type the command ADB devices to check if the device is connected;
- Then enter the command ADB shell;
- Next, enter pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.xiaomi.mipicks.
In this way, you will have permanently uninstalled GetApps from your Xiaomi, Redmi, or Poco smartphone.
Using Debloater Tool
Debloater is a tool used for removing bloatware apps from Android devices. It works similar to the ADB method described above and represents a simpler alternative.
- Enable USB debugging on your smartphone:
- Download the tool now Debloater and install it on the PC;
- Open the instrument and connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable. Wait for it to detect your device;
- Click on Read Phone Packages to view the list of all apps installed on your device;
- Double-click GetApps (com.xiaomi.mipicks) and tap the button Apply.