Would you like to see the content of your Samsung Galaxy on a bigger screen? Do you want to share your photos, videos, or games with your family or friends? Or maybe you want to enjoy your favorite apps on your TV? If the answer is yes, then you need to know how to cast your Samsung Galaxy screen with Chromecast, Google TV, or Android TV.
In this article, we will explain step by step how to do it quickly and easily. In addition, we will give you some tips and recommendations so that you can make the most of this function. So read on and find out how to turn your TV into an extension of your smartphone .
Cast Samsung Galaxy Screen to Chromecast or Android TV: A Step-by-Step Guide
The easiest way to mirror your Samsung Galaxy screen and cast it to your Chromecast or Android TV is as follows:
- Swipe down the notification bar of your Samsung Galaxy mobile from the top of the screen.
- In quick settings, tap the Smart View option. If you don’t see it, you may need to swipe the quick settings menu to the left to see more options.
- Normally here, your Android TV / Google TV or Chromecast is not shown as an option to cast the screen, so press the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the screen and press Settings.
- Now, click on About Smart View at the bottom of the screen.
- When the following screen appears, quickly tap ten times on the Smart View text.
- If you get a pop-up asking for a password, enter the following: #00rtsp00. If they don’t ask for anything, skip this step.
- In this way, you will enter the developer options of the function. What you need to do here is turn on the Google Cast switch.
- After activating Google Cast, exit this menu and re-enter the Smart View option from the quick settings as you did at the beginning.
- Now, your Chromecast, Google TV, or Android TV should appear as an available option to cast your Samsung Galaxy screen. So select your TV and click on Start Now.
Ready! To stop casting your Samsung Galaxy screen, simply tap the Smart View icon in the top right corner and select Disconnect. You can also end the connection from the notification panel.
Don’t forget there’s the Chromecast button
Many apps, especially video apps like YouTube, have a built-in Chromecast feature that lets you send content from your Samsung Galaxy to your TV more efficiently and in higher quality, without casting the entire screen. You can activate this function by pressing the Chromecast button that is generally at the top of the players.
So, if you wanted to cast your Samsung Galaxy screen to TV to be able to watch a video or image on a bigger screen, check if the app you are using has the Chromecast button for a better experience.