Samsung Galaxy A50 received an unofficial build of the TWRP custom recovery. The already powerful A50 is going to receive even more power. Owners of the Galaxy A50 can download and install the customized TWRP recovery on the Galaxy A50 with the help of this tutorial.
The guide also has a method to run the root of the Galaxy A50. Then, follow the steps shown here to run the root Galaxy A50 is install TWRP Recovery.
Before jumping to the guide to do the Root Galaxy A50 and install TWRP recovery, let me share some details of this phone with you.
Samsung Galaxy A50
If there is a phone that offers the best value for money at the moment, this is the Galaxy A50. The millennials have finally found a Samsung phone with a competitive budget with great specifications. Samsung Galaxy A50 is equipped with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED screen. It has a waterdrop notch that beats the screen ratio on the body.
Galaxy A50 has three cameras on the back including a 25-megapixel main camera, an 8-megapixel ultrawide camera and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. On the front, the Galaxy A50 has a single 25 MP camera.
This phone is powered by the Exynos 9610 CPU. It has 4GB or 6GB of RAM and has an internal memory of 64GB or 128GB. It certainly also has a microSD card slot. The Galaxy A50 has a 4000 mAh battery inside. Its features also include a fingerprint scanner below the display. The Galaxy A50 works with Android 9 Pie.
Root Galaxy A50 and install TWRP recovery
- This guide is only for the Galaxy A50.
- Don’t try to install this recovery on another phone.
- Charge your phone’s battery up to 50% before following the steps.
- Back up everything on your Galaxy A50.
- For this, you need a card microSD external.
- Enable the OEM unlock mode and the USB debugging on the phone.
- disable the Samsung Smart Switch while using Odin. If you don’t have a Smart Switch, skip this step.
- Follow the instructions carefully.
- TWRP Recovery for Galaxy A50 – Download
- Disabler.zip File Encryption – Download – Copy this file to an external microSD card. The SD card should be in the phone.
- Odin 3.13.1 – Download and extract.
- Samsung Android USB Driver.
Before Moving on Unblock Galaxy A50 Bootloader
Samsung has started to block the bootloader of its devices. Usually, enabling the OEM Unlock has simply unlocked the bootloader, but now things have changed slightly.
The OEM unlock option is still present on some variants of the A50 phones, but some variants have a slightly different unlocking method. This can be verified by accessing only the download mode on the phone. Here’s what you need to do in this case.
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Bixby + Button of power on to start the restore.
- In the restore, select “Restart on bootloader” and press the power button.
- This will start your phone in the download mode.
- The download mode will show “Press Volume up to unlock bootloader”. A long press on this button will unlock the bootloader and clean the phone.
- Start the phone and immediately connect it to the Internet.
- Skip the part of Google Account. We don’t need a Google account.
- Now switch off the phone after setting it up.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Power + Bixby to start in Recovery.
- In the restore, select “Clear factory data”, press the power button and clean the phone.
- Return to the main menu in restore and select “Restart bootloader”. Enter the download mode and follow the remaining instructions.
If your phone shows nothing called “Bootloader Unlock” in the download mode, you can skip the above process. The phone will simply work with the option of normal OEM release.
Finally, here is the method to install TWRP and your Samsung Galaxy A50.
How to make the Galaxy A50 Root and install the TWRP recovery
- You open Odin 3.13.1.exe on your computer.
- In Odin, go up Options> Make sure the only option selected is F.Reset.Time. No other option should be checked.
- Go back to the main Odin menu and click on AP card.
- Select the file Recovery.tar TWRP for your A50 in the AP tab.
- Now start your Galaxy A50 in download mode. While the phone is in download mode, connect it to your computer.
- Odin will show “Added” in the logs and will also show one blue light in the ID: COM box.
- Click on the button Start in Odin. Odin will install the recovery with Magisk pre-patched in solo 2-3 minutes.
- Disconnect the phone when finished, do not restart the phone.
- On the phone, press and hold Volume Up + Bixby + Button of power on for a few seconds. It will take you directly to TWRP recovery.
- click on install in TWRP. Now click on Install Zip> Locate the file Disabler.zip of Encryption Encryption and perform the installation.
- Restart your Galaxy A50. That’s all.
Congratulations. Your Samsung Galaxy A50 has been rotated. You have also installed the TWRP recovery. To manage root, you can install Magisk Manager on your phone.
If you have different Galaxy A50 like Galaxy A50 SM-A505GN, SM-A505GT then go here and search your model in this archive.
Source: XDA-Developer Forum