The hardware components are not immune to damage, the device can fall or give it into the hands of a child, a little distraction and in the fall here is that some component can break. Apple’s iDevices do not have many buttons, the volume keys, the Home key and the Power key, each with its own function and importance, but sometimes the power button breaks and you can’t turn on the device without going through some complex steps. In this article, we want to help you activate an iPhone if the power button is broken, although there are other ways to turn on the iPhone.
How to activate an iPhone if the power button is broken
Of course, the advice is to have the power button repaired at an Apple service center, in case you can’t do it quickly, in the meantime we see how to turn on an iPhone using a quick and temporary solution.
Turn on iPhone if the power button is broken
The first requirement if your iPhone has a broken button is to turn it on to use the data it contains. If you don’t know how to do it, let’s see the simple procedure to turn it on:
- Connect the USB cable to your iPhone.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the PC or to any other power source.
- It will take a couple of minutes for your iPhone to turn on.
- You will see the Swipe with the option to unlock.
- Now do the Swipe to unlock the phone.
Use AssistiveTouch to replace the power button:
Once you turn on the iPhone, you’ll need to lock it or turn it off, but if the button is broken, this seems impossible. But there is an integrated method in the iOS system that allows you to simulate the power button and more. Let’s find out how:
- After turning on your iPhone go to Settings.
- Choose General> Accessibility.
- Scroll to the AssistiveTouch option and activate it.
- Now you will see a white and gray icon, which can be moved or placed anywhere.
- Now whenever you want to lock your iPhone, just click on it.
- Click on the Device option and you will see the Lock Screen option, click on it to lock the device.
- Now use the Home button to wake up the device and Swipe to unlock.
- From the Lock Screen option, you can also turn off the device.
As we have said if the ignition key is broken this is a temporary solution, because every time the device turns off because the battery has been discharged, it is necessary to re-run the whole procedure again.