Learn how to format the Samsung Galaxy A21s by buttons or settings, even if the screen is locked by PIN or drawing password.
Read Before You Begin:
- Back up your files, photos, music, videos, and more.
- Make sure your phone battery has enough charge. The process can take several minutes.
- Remove the Google account and make a note of the login information.
How to format Samsung Galaxy A21s by buttons
Formatting will erase all data from your phone’s internal storage. Save your files by proceeding with the steps below.
1. Turn off your Galaxy A21s normally and then hold while the button Increase Volume and the button On / Of
2. Once the Samsung Galaxy A21s logo appears, release the On/Off button and keep pressing the Volume Up button until you enter the Android Recovery screen.
3. On the Android Recovery screen, navigate to the “ Wipe data/factory reset ” option using the Volume Down button. To confirm, press the On/Off button.
4. In the next step, select the “ Factory data reset ” option with the Volume Down button. Press the On / Off button to confirm.
5. Finally, select the “ Reboot system now ” option and press the Power button to confirm and restart Samsung Galaxy A21s.
Every Android restore process will be done after the device restarts. Wait for it to finish and then configure it your way.
How to reset Samsung Galaxy A21s from settings
Before starting the factory reset process, remove the Google account from your phone.
1. Turn on your phone and click Settings (sprocket icon). On the next screen tap General Management.
2. Then click Restore and then touch Restore Factory Default.
3. On the next screen, tap the Reset button. But before continuing, note what will be deleted from your Galaxy A21s. Once you are aware of the data that will be lost, tap the Clear All button.
Android restore will be done automatically right after your phone restarts. Do not turn off the phone until the procedure is complete.
How to Format Samsung Galaxy A21s with Lock Screen?
If you are unable to restart your Samsung Galaxy A21s to format it, see the steps to force a reboot and access the recovery mode screen.
- From the lock screen, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- When it turns off the screen, quickly release the Volume Down button (hold the Power button ) and press and hold the Volume Up button.
- And when you see the SAMSUNG logo, release the Power button and keep holding the Vol+ until it enters Recovery Mode.
To finish, follow the reset instructions of the first method from step 3 onwards.