When it comes to a guide like how to Update Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A firmware, your information with flashing tools is important.
However, Updating the Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A Stock ROM can be difficult at times when you search for the internet to unbrick Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A. On this page, you will find information to help you prepare for flashing the Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A.
Why would you want to Update Firmware on your Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A?
There are various reasons to flash “Stock Firmware on Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A“. For example, your phone will be stuck or hang on the logo. You want to remove the FRP lock from it.
If you’re going to hard reset your phone and you cannot access the recovery menu. But most of the problems that cause flashing stock ROM are below.
The Advantages Of Stock ROM:
- Flash Stock ROM to solve the boot loop issue
- Update and Downgrade
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on the phone
- To solve the lag or stutter
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can fix software issues.
- Revert back to stock to get your warranty.
Pre-requirements to Install Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A Update:
Before going to install stock ROM you need to take all your messages, photos, and apps from your current smartphone. This requires a backup that you then restore on your device after flashing or updating the firmware.
Most smartphones automatically make a backup in the background, in case something happens. But to make sure you take everything to your new device, you need a full backup.
How To Install Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A Firmware Update
1: Download and Install Samsung USB Driver on your computer. If Samsung USB Driver is already installed on your computer, then Skip this Step.
2: Download and extract the Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A Firmware files on your computer.
3: Now, Switch off your Smartphone.
4: After switching off the phone, you need to boot into Download Mode. To boot into download mode.
Press and hold Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons at the same time for 5-8 seconds until download mode is active.
5: In the Download mode, you will be able to see a Warning Yellow Triangle Sign. In this situation, you have to press the Volume Up key to continue.
6: Now, Download and open Odin. Then connect your Smartphone to the computer.
7: Once you have connected the Smartphone to the computer, Odin will automatically recognize the device and show the “Added” message at the lower-left panel.
8: Once Odin detects your device, click on the PDA button, and select the Firmware.tar file.
9: Now, click on the Start button in Odin to begin the Flashing.
10: Flashing usually takes 30-50 seconds to complete the process on your Phone.
The once Firmware process is completed you will be able to see a Green Box with Pass written on it in Odin. During this process, the Smartphone will reboot automatically.
Once you see, the Pass message in Odin, you can disconnect your Device from the computer.
The flashing process will begin and should take about 10–12 minutes. It may take some time for your device to reboot, but don’t be alarmed.
When your Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A finally boots up, you should now be running your desired firmware.
If you want to check that the correct firmware is installed, head to Settings –> About Phone –> Software Information. The firmware number is located under the “Baseband version.”
- Please read and understand the Full Guide before flashing “Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A Firmware“.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We will not be responsible for everything that happens to your device, resulting from the use of information in this guide.
- Before flashing, Stock ROM must have a 70–80% charge.
Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A Stock ROM Details:
|File Size:||2 GB|
Other Methode To Update Galaxy S6 Active:
Software Update Via Settings Menu
You don’t need any software or tools to update the software on a Galaxy S6 Active using this method. Using this approach, the latest version of Android will be downloaded and installed.
Prerequisites for Software Update:
- Your battery must be greater than 50% charge.
- An Internet connection with good speed (Because You may need to download big files)
Follow these steps to Update Samsung software.
From your home screen, access settings.
then from the settings menu, choose Software update (If you will not see the software update option, Select the about phone and check).
You will see the most recent software to upgrade (if available) after some waiting. then select Download from the menu.
- You may also access the software download page straight from the notification bar; simply pull it down and select “Software Update” to launch the upgrading process.
- Await the software’s download.
- Click the Install button after the update download is complete.
- The reboot of your phone will take some time.
- Your Samsung phone’s software update has now been successful.
- The process of updating software can also be scheduled. When you want to install this update, you can set a timer.
And also check the last update date and information by tapping Last update information option.
Software Update with Samsung Smart Switch
Software called Samsung Smart Switch was created by the Samsung corporation. It is used to backup and restores Samsung mobile data as well as transfer files (such as photos, contacts, and apps) from a phone to a computer.
You’ll need the following to utilize this program on Windows:
- A Samsung Android phone with Android version 4.3 or later
- Laptop or PC with Windows XP or Windows 7, or Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- RAM: 1GB or higher
- CPU must be Pentium 4; 2.4 GHz or higher.
- Screen Resolution must be 1024 x 768 (600), 32 bit or higher.
- Windows Media Player version 11 or later.
You need the following to use this program on a Mac:
- a Samsung Android smartphone running Android 4.3 or above or an
- Apple iPhone running iOS 4.2.1 or newer. With Mac OS X® 10.6 or later on a Mac PC.
RAM must be 1GB or more and the CPU must be an Intel Core 2 Duo running at 2.0 GHz.
- Installed on your computer or laptop is an Android file transfer program with a screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Connect Mobile to Computer
- Attach a mobile device to a computer
- Install Samsung Smart Switch on your PC or laptop after downloading it.
- Next, use USB to connect your Android phone to your computer.
- Give your computer permission to install any latest drivers on your phone. This procedure requires some time.
- Open Samsung Smart Switch on your computer.
- Then, on your phone, select the allow option.
Then, if you didn’t install the Smart Switch app, select the Download smart switch button.
Now, the Smart switch app is downloading.
Then, Click on the Open Smart Switch option on the phone.
Now, You have successfully connected Samsung smart switch app to the PC.
software updates for phones
A smart switch makes it simple to upgrade the mobile software on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. The update button is shown on the home screen. whether a new version of the software is accessible.
On the Update button, click.
The most recent software information is available here. then press the forward arrow.
Read each and every point carefully. then select the All confirmed button. After the download has finished. Your phone will restart. Your mobile device’s software update process is now complete.