How to Delete Cache on Fire Stick for Smooth Streaming
Better Streaming Performance After Clearing Cache on Your Fire Stick
Amazon’s Fire TV devices are fantastic for cord-cutters because they allow you to stream your entire TV library over the internet. Possessing a Fire TV device and access to the internet paves the way for instantaneous access to an abundance of streaming options. Even though all of that is fantastic, you may have noticed that your Fire TV device occasionally lags. Here’s how to clear the Fire Stick cache if you’re experiencing this problem.
Sure, you could have tried resetting the device or checking for system updates, but the problem persists. The problem may have been temporarily fixed, but it keeps popping up again and again, much like an annoying houseguest. It’s possible that your Fire TV’s slowdowns and other problems stem from an accumulation of cache files for that app. The purpose of this tutorial is to show you how to delete the cache from your Fire TV.[quads id=2]
How to Clear Cache on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Before we take a look at how you can clear the cache files on your Fire TV device, you all need to understand what are the reasons behind the cleaning up of the cache files.
- Slow and unresponsive Fire TV system
- The particular app keeps crashing, fails to load, or has very slow performance.
- Buffering and streaming errors
- Running out of storage space.
Clear Cache on Fire TV
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s take a look at the steps you need to take in order to clear the cache on your Fire TV device. You should be aware, however, that there is no option for clearing the cache across the system, so you will have to manually clear the cache for each app separately. In any case, carry out these instructions.
- Select the Settings option on your Fire TV device’s screen.
- Now, select the Applications icon from the Settings menu.
- Next, Choose the Manage Installed Applications.
- All you need to do is browse through the app that seems to cause various issues and select it.
- You can now choose the option that says Clear Cache. Selecting it will clear away the cache files for the particular app.
- You can also choose the Clear Data option. This will simply remove all files related to the particular app. Do note that this option will require you to sign into the app once again.
- What to Do If Amazon Fire Stick Won’t Turn On [Three Ways]
- How to easily Activate Paramount Plus (Firestick, Roku, Xfinity, or Apple TV)
- How to cast your phone screen on the Amazon Fire TV Stick
- How to use an Android phone as an Amazon Fire TV Stick remote
- Fire TV Stick Slow or With Errors: How To Solve
Re-install App to Clear Cache
Uninstalling an app is another method that can be utilized for the purpose of clearing out the app’s cache as well as its data field. If you want to remove the application from your Fire TV device, you can do so by following these steps.
- Select the Settings option from your Fire TVs home screen.
- Now select Applications followed by Manage Installed Applications.
- Browse through the list of apps and select the app that you wish to uninstall.
- Choose the Uninstall option and confirm uninstalling the app from your Fire TV device.
- The app has now been removed from your Fire TV device.
Should you Reset the Fire TV to Clear Cache?
As is commonly known, the reset button should only be used in extreme cases, such as when there are numerous issues with the device or when you plan to sell or give it to someone else. Thus, it is not a good idea to perform a reset just to clear the cache. If you need to reset your Fire TV device, whether it’s a FireStick or FireCube, our comprehensive guide will show you exactly what to do.
- How to Get Amazon FireStick Local Channels in 2023
- Activate Paramount Plus (Firestick, Roku, Xfinity, or Apple TV)
- Install Sky Go on Firestick / Fire TV?
- install and configure Now TV on FireStick.
- Ad-Free Veezie on Fire TV Stick – EASY GUIDE
- Watch Regional Channels on Your Vizio T