What to Do If Amazon Fire Stick Won’t Turn On [Three Ways]
With a Firestick from Amazon, you don’t need a cable subscription to watch all of your favorite shows and movies. Bugs and other issues may arise from time to time as you use your Amazon Firestick, but this is to be expected given the number of devices on the market.
Of course, you could always reset your Amazon Firestick to factory settings; however, why go through all that trouble when all you want to do is restart your Amazon Firestick? Let’s take a look at how to reboot your Amazon Firestick in today’s tutorial.[quads id=2]
Different Methods for Rebooting an Amazon Fire TV Stick
There are three distinct ways in which you can reboot your Amazon Fire TV Stick. If you are having any kind of problems with your Amazon Firestick, then you can try any one of these solutions to fix the problems. Let’s take a look at the different approaches, shall we?
Method 1: Unplug Device from Power Source
You are aware that in order for your Amazon Firestick to be powered up and functioning, you need to have it plugged into both a power source and your TV.
Only then will you be able to view content that is stored on the device. Therefore, if you want to restart the device, all you have to do is either turn off the Amazon Firestick entirely or unplug its power cable from the wall outlet and then wait a few seconds after doing either of those things. After a brief period of time has passed, unplug it and then reconnect it to the power source.
You can restart your Amazon Firestick by following these steps.
Method 2: Restart Firestick from Settings
There is yet another method available to you that you can pursue in order to restart your Amazon Firestick. Using this method, you will interact with your Amazon Firestick by using the remote that comes with the Firestick. The steps that need to be taken in order to restart your Amazon Firestick are listed below.
- Grab the remote for your Amazon Firestick and navigate over to the Settings menu.
- Select the Devices and Software option. Some Firesticks might show this option as My Fire TV.
- You will now have three options to choose from – Sleep, Restart and Reset to Factory Defaults.
- Choose Restart.
- Your Amazon Firestick will now reboot itself right away.
Method 3: Restart Firestick Using Firestick Remote
You can restart your Amazon Firestick by making use of a button combination on its remote control, which is the third and final method available to you.
In this scenario, you need to check that your remote controls are properly, that it has fresh batteries, and that it has not been physically damaged. Proceed with these instructions if your remote control is in working order.
- Press and hold the Select button and Play/Pause button.
- Keep these buttons pressed simultaneously for five seconds.
- After five seconds, your Firestick will restart.
- You will not see any type of message on your screen indicating that the Firestick is restarting. This is all normal.
- Once the Firestick has switched itself off, it will power itself again.
These are the three distinct procedures that can be carried out in order to restart an Amazon Firestick. It is very important to be familiar with the various methods that can be used to restart your Firestick.
This is so that you will at least be aware of what to do in the event that your Firestick ever becomes unresponsive or frozen. Have questions or queries? If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them in the section below.
- How to Get Amazon FireStick Local Channels in 2023
- Activate Paramount Plus (Firestick, Roku, Xfinity, or Apple TV)
- Install Sky Go on Firestick / Fire TV?
- install and configure Now TV on FireStick.
- Ad-Free Veezie on Fire TV Stick – EASY GUIDE
- Full Rundown on FuboTV’s Streaming Services:
- Delete Cache on Fire Stick for Smooth Streaming
- Watch Regional Channels on Your Vizio T