You do not have to change your old Android mobile device so that you can enjoy the latest releases on Netflix, as there is a little “trick” that you can carry out to watch series and movies in the Netflix app from old Android versions.
How to install Netflix on versions prior to Android Nougat 7
Before we explain step by step how to watch Netflix on old versions of Android, you need to configure your mobile or tablet correctly so that you can install the app outside the Play Store.
You do not need to be an expert on the subject for this, since all you have to do is activate the unknown origins on your mobile device. Once this option is activated, you must perform all these steps so that you can watch Netflix on your mobile or tablet with Android 6.0 or earlier :
- The first thing you have to do is uninstall the version of Netflix that you have installed on your mobile (the one that does not work).
- Having uninstalled Netflix, you must download the app from the platform’s official page; you can do it by clicking here.
- Once the Netflix app is downloaded from your browser (we recommend using Chrome), you must open it .
- Click on the option that says Install .
- Therefore, you must click on the option that says Open.
- Log in with your email address and password, and you’re done.
If you did all the steps correctly, the error that appeared when you tried to open Netflix on your mobile: this version of the Netflix application is not compatible with your device, will disappear as if by magic. In case the error continues to appear, you will have to uninstall the application and redo all the steps that we leave you in the tutorial (sometimes it is necessary to perform the procedure twice).
Finally, it is important to clarify that this tutorial is only useful if you have a tablet or mobile with an Android version lower than Nougat 7.1.2. If your mobile device has a later version of Android, you must download the app from the Google Play Store.