OnePlus has made fun of the Pixel 4 for that limitation of its screen, but Google has responded. There is a very good reason why these Pixel 4 regulate the refresh rate of your screen.
Do you want to know? Find out here. Further, if you want to skip this limitation and force 90 Hz, you can do it following the steps that we present below.
For this reason Pixel, 4 does not always use 90 Hz on its screen
When the brightness level of a Pixel 4 falls below 75%, the system automatically forces the refresh rate of 60 Hz. And when the brightness is above 75%, the system alternates the refresh rate between 60 and 90 Hz. The 90 Hz will only be used when necessary.
This is mainly to save battery. Let’s not forget that the Pixel 4 has a modest battery and the 90 Hz screen consumes a lot of energy.
However, there is another reason why the 90 Hz cannot be used when the brightness level is below 75% and has to do with the AMOLED screen of these mobiles.
These screens produce a very noticeable flicker when they make the change between 60 and 90 Hz at a low brightness level. Therefore, Google has preferred that only 60 Hz be used with low brightness, but if you want you can force 90 Hz with any brightness level as follows.
How to force 90 Hz on the screen of the Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Activate the developer options of your Pixel 4 like this:
- Open the Settings app.
- In the search bar type About the phone and press the option that will appear with the same name.
- Press the option seven times in a row Build Number. A message will indicate that you are already a developer.
- Come back to the Settings app of your Pixel 4.
- Click on Developer Options.
- Find the option Force refresh rate of 90 Hz and activate it. Ready!
You can too create quick access to this option so you can enable or disable it faster from the notification bar. To do this, do the following:
- Swipe down the notification bar twice.
- Play the pencil icon.
- Press and hold the options icon to force the 90 Hz of the screen and drag it to where the other icons are.
And that’s it Now you will have a button in the notification bar to force the 90 Hz of the screen whenever you want. Remember that using 90 Hz will make your Pixel 4 download faster, so use this option wisely.