Netflix, thanks to its extensive product catalog and features, is one of the most popular platforms in the world for streaming movies. Netflix, in fact, has some useful features, designed to satisfy users’ viewing habits.
One of the most popular features is definitely the one that creates a “Keep Watching” list with the shows, series, or movies you have recently watched. In fact, when you stop viewing a series and / or a movie, Netflix automatically saves where you are so that the next time directly from the Netflix Home Page you can view the list of the last programs viewed and resume. look where you left off.
However, if you have a shared account with others and don’t want spoilers, or just want to start something from the beginning, this feature might be a little annoying. Fortunately, there is a way to remove the “Keep Watching” list by using the app or by accessing the Netflix website via a browser.
How to remove the “Keep Watching” list on Netflix
The easiest way to remove the “Keep Watching” list on Netflix is to clear your watch history. Please note that this activity can be done via the smartphone or via the desktop version of the website, while it cannot be done via the smart TV or other streaming devices.
Now we explain how to do it but remember that the process may differ slightly depending on the device you have.
Clear Netflix Watch History via PC
To clear the history of movies or programs viewed on Netflix via PC you will need to access the official Netflix site
- Go to the top right of the screen and hover over the arrow
- On the drop-down menu click on “Account”.
- At this point, a Settings menu will open and you will have to click on “Display activity”
The list of the most recent programs you have watched will open within the “Watch activity ” function. Along the list look for the program you want to delete and click with the mouse on the icon which is a circle with a diagonal line.
Doing so will remove the selected program from the list of displayed programs and this will no longer appear on the Home Page under the ”Continue Watching” section.
If you are removing an episode of a TV series, Netflix will give you the option to delete the entire series from the list. To do this you will have to press the option ” Hide the whole series ” in order to delete the entire program from your list, and not just a single episode.
Clear Netflix Watch History on Android
If you have an Android device, know that you can clear your view history directly from the Netflix app. Here’s how to do it:
- On the main Home Page, scroll down to the “Keep Watching” section
- Find the title you want to remove and tap the button with three vertical dots located right next to it.
- Select the “Remove from section” option, then confirm your choice.
Clear Netflix Watch History on iOS and iPadOS
If you are using an iOS / iPadOS device (or a device with another operating system other than Android), to clear the history you can do so either by logging into your account via the mobile browser or directly from the Netflix application. That’s how:
- Tap the profile icon and then tap “Account” in the drop-down menu
- Scroll down, tap the profile you want to edit and click “Viewing Activity”
- Now you will see the most recent things you have watched: find the episode or movie you want to delete and click with the mouse on the icon that represents a circle with the diagonal line.
- If you remove an episode of a TV series, you will also have the option to remove the entire series via the “Hide entire series” option which will delete all episodes from the list.
Customize the “Keep Watching” list on Netflix
If you have a shared account with other people, remember that you may want to consider adding your personal profile so that your “Keep Watching” list on Netflix is customized based on what you are watching.
You can get up to five different profiles on one Netflix account. If you want to create a new one, here are the basic steps you need to do:
- Click the profile button in the upper right corner
- Choose “Manage Profiles”
- Click “Add Profile”
- Name the profile and set your preferences, such as the profile picture and whether you want it filtered for children’s content.
If, on the other hand, you have already created five profiles and you need to delete one to make room, go to the “Manage profiles” section and click on the edit button. From there, you will be able to delete one or more existing profiles.