Starting with Android 10, smartphones can now be paired with most game controllers from popular consoles. Among these, Sony’s DualShock 4 is one of the many controllers now supported by smartphones using the green robot system.
Use the DualShock 4 on Android smartphones
There are several games available for Android smartphones that would benefit from the use of a game controller connected to the phone, such as the FPS (First Person Shooter), driving, and action genres.
Although the list of gaming controllers supported by Android 10 contains a good number of devices, PlayStation 4’s DualShock 4 is considered one of the most ergonomic and robust controllers to use.
It is able to connect in a few seconds, making it easy to reconnect it to your console, after use on a smartphone.
How to connect DualShock 4 to the Android smartphone
To connect DualShock 4 to your Android smartphone, you will need to follow the necessary steps listed below:
- First of all, we recommend that you disconnect the DualShock 4 from the console ;
- Now simultaneously press and hold the PlayStation buttons in the center of the controller and Share on the upper left of the touchpad;
- If the controller light bar starts flashing frequently, it means the controller is now in pairing mode ;
- Then open the phone’s Bluetooth settings ;
- Select Pair new device ;
- You will now see a directional cross icon, touch it;
- Then confirm the association in the pop-up message that appears immediately after;
- Once the controller is connected, the DualShock 4 light bar will turn blue, confirming the connection with the Android smartphone.
The controller will work immediately with supported games. You can also change the controls in games like Call of Duty Mobile, according to your needs. Restart the game app, which time this does not recognize the controllers.
Disconnect the controller from the Android smartphone
What time do you want to reconnect the controller to the PlayStation, here’s how to perform the disassociation procedure from your Android smartphone:
- Access the Bluetooth settings and open the menu relating to the associated devices ;
- Tap the voice wireless controller and select Unpair or Detach ;
- By selecting Unpair, the controller will disconnect from the device, requiring only one touch to repair it again.
- By choosing the option Disassociate, you will have to repeat the entire pairing procedure when you want to reconnect DualShock 4 to your smartphone again.