In this article, you will know How To Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Officially. The main benefit of unlocking the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite is rooting. If you want your Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite is rooted or if you want a custom ROM to install the unlocking bootloader is the first step. But it has choices, you must be ready to prepare for difficulties too. Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Bootloader unlocks can make the end of warranty. The bootloaders usually come as secured. The companies want to combine the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite with OS. Every Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite device includes specially designed bootloader to meet its hardware. If you want to flash a custom ROM like CyanogenMod on your Xiaomi Mi 8 Liteit is impossible to install when your device bootloader is locked. Unlocking a bootloader will open the opportunities to install ROM’s on Android.
How To Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Officially
Stage 1. Application:
Step 1. Go to the websiteand click Unlock now.
Step 2. You will be transferred to the login page -> immediately change the language to English.
Step 3. Enter the login and password of your account (from Mi Account, Who does not have it, you can register directly on the device, you can enter both the number and the email).
Step 4. Next, a page with a form will open, fill in.
- Country code
- Phone number (indicate the one to which the Mi account is registered)
- Specify the reason for unlocking the bootloader
- At the very bottom, enter the code from the image and put a tick on against “I confirm that I have read and accepted the unlocking Disclaimer”
Step 5. Press the green button at the very bottom with the inscription “Apply now”, after which you will receive a code that you need to enter on the page that opens:
Step 6. Everything! The application has been successfully submitted. The application is reviewed on average for about three days (it happens in a few hours, and it happens that you need to wait more than a week), the solution will be sent by SMS, it happens that the SMS does not reach – check the unlock page logged into your account.
what to do if the failure? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic “Unlock Your Mi Device“,
Stage 2. Unlocking the bootloader.
- weekly firmware
- approved bootloader unlock request
Step 1. Download the
Step 2. Install MiPhoneManager by running MiInst.exe, the utility is needed only to simplify the installation of ADB and fastboot drivers, with it everything is installed automatically. After installation, restart the computer.
Step 3. Link your Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite to the Mi-account (go to the account on the device), for which permission to unlock is obtained.
Step 4. Go to “Settings” -> “Information about the device” -> 7 times tap the “MIUI version” with your finger to activate the developer menu.
Step 5. Go to “Settings” -> “Advanced” -> “For Developer” -> Enable (enable) “Factory Unlock” (OEM unlocking),
then go to “Mi Unlock Status” and click “Add account and device”. *** The menu “Status Mi Unlock” is on all developer (weekly firmware), starting from autumn 2016, and on the latest stable firmware. On many stables from the factory, this menu is not present, it is necessary to update the firmware to the latest version. There are devices that, until now, in stable firmware do not have the “Mi Unlock Status” menu, in such a situation, only install the developer version of the firmware.
Step 6. Run MiFlashUnlock (MiFlashUnlock.exe), accept the agreement.
Step 7. Turn off the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite. When the device turned off
Step 8. hold and hold the buttons together: sound down (volume down) + power and hold until you see the splash screen with a hare and an android.
Step 9. Connect the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite in this mode to the computer and click on the “Unlock” button
Step 10. Immediately the process of unlocking will begin, wait until it is complete, all three checkboxes should turn green.
Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite FAQ:
Errors that may occur when unlocking the bootloader and their solution:
- 99% “Binding time is too short, Less than 72 hours” (maybe a smaller number if you logged in to your e-account on your phone earlier) or “After trying to unlock the device” – there’s only one solution – wait a specified time, accelerate does not work
- “Current account is not bound to this device” -> the program asks to bind to the account. See 5 item instructions.
- 50% error “Could not verify device” or “Current account is different from the account info on the device” -> most often this is just a bug of Xiaomi servers, you need to wait, try one or two attempts every day, some can be overcome an error only after a week …. sometimes it happens that this error is due to the fact that the device does not have the appropriate firmware installed. You need to unlock the device on the developer’s weekly firmware (China Developer Version), a stable version is unlikely to work.
- 50% error “Not connected to Mi Phone” -> is most often due to the fact that no fastboot driver is installed, take the driver from the Driver folder, which is located with MiFlashUnlock and install it manually
- Error “Your device is not supported by Mi Unlock” -> most likely an error due to the fact that you have not installed the appropriate firmware at the moment
- The process of unlocking the bootloader stops at the second point – this is because of the firmware, most likely you have a stable version, please weekly, developer
- If an error occurs when entering the account -> try not to enter the phone number, but the number of the mi account itself
- Error “Network Error” -> try changing the provider, often solves the problem
How to check Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Bootloader status?
- connect the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite in fastboot mode to the PC, open the command window in the folder with fastboot.exe and enter the following command: fastboot oem device-info, if the log is opposite the line Device unlocked it says: false , then the bootloader is closed (locked), if true – > unlocked
- In the latest firmware from October 2016, you can see the status of the bootloader in the options for the developer (settings -> for developers -> Mi Unlock status)