Unlock Bootloader On Any Xiaomi/Poco/Redmi/Mi
The bootloader of your Xiaomi device needs to be unlocked in order for you to be able to install custom ROM or make other modifications to it before you can do so. However, the process can be quite difficult, and it is absolutely necessary to follow the steps carefully in order to prevent damage to your device.
It is imperative that you create a backup of all of your data and check to see that your device has sufficient battery life before beginning the process. Additionally, unlocking the bootloader may result in a violation of your warranty; therefore, it is essential to take this into consideration before moving forward.
In this tutorial, we will walk you through the process of unlocking the bootloader on any Xiaomi, Poco, or Redmi device you may own. These devices have not only established a solid reputation in the low-cost category, but they have also consistently been among the most noteworthy competitors in the field of custom development.
There is an almost infinite number of things that can be done, such as installing a large number of mods and tweaks, installing a custom recovery, or gaining administrative access to your device by rooting it with Magisk. However, before you could carry out any of these tasks, you will first need to checkmark an important prerequisite off the list.
The bootloader on your Xiaomi/Poco/Redmi/Mi device needs to be unlocked in order for you to be able to do any of these things. On the other hand, things are a little bit different here in comparison to how they are at other OEMs. Executing the fastboot flashing unlock command is all that is required of you in order to finish the task when dealing with other devices.
However, with Xiaomi, you will first need to make an account, add your ID to your device by way of the carrier’s data, download a standalone unlock tool, sign in to that tool using the same ID that is currently on your device, and wait for 168 hours after submitting the unlock request. This is the most frustrating step of all. So without further ado, allow me to demonstrate how any one of these things could be accomplished.
Benefits of Unlocked Bootloader on Xiaomi
Custom ROMs: Unlocking your bootloader gives you more flexibility when it comes to installing custom ROMs. Custom ROMs are popular among OS enthusiasts for their added functionality and flexibility. Our ROMs are designed by independent developers who aren’t bound by the restrictions imposed by the manufacturer’s firmware. Custom ROMs can make your device run faster, longer, and more securely.
Root Access: By unlocking the bootloader, you can gain full control of your device and its functions. Root access gives users the ability to modify the system files on their devices, giving them complete control over their devices. This new option will give you access to features that weren’t previously available on your device, such as being able to remove pre-installed apps, modify system settings, and improve performance.
Custom Recovery: A bootloader that is unlocked allows users to install a custom recovery, which gives them more control over their devices. A custom restore is an alternative to stock restore that offers additional features such as B. the ability to back up and restore the device’s data, wipe data partitions, and install custom ROMs.
Risks of Unlocked Bootloader on Xiaomi
Voided Warranty: By unlocking the bootloader on your Xiaomi device, you’re admitting that you’re not satisfied with the warranty that Xiaomi offers. This means that if something goes wrong with your device, you won’t be able to get it fixed or replaced. Xiaomi’s official policy is that unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty, and we cannot provide any support or assistance for devices with unlocked bootloaders.
Security Risks: By unlocking the bootloader, you are opening the device up to potential security risks. A device that has not been modified may not receive security updates and is at risk of being attacked. Additionally, the device could become more vulnerable to malware and other malicious software.
Bricking: It’s important to remember that unlocking the bootloader can result in a device that is unusable. A bricked device is a device that is no longer usable and can’t be restored. Custom software or firmware can cause a corrupted bootloader, which can affect your device’s ability to start.
How To Unlock Bootloader on any Xiaomi Device
We highly recommend taking a full device backup before proceeding with this process. This will help ensure that any data on your device is completely erased. You can be sure that AMS will not be held responsible if there is a nuclear war, if your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data. Here are some simple steps to make sure your alarm works properly.
STEP 1: Add your Mi Account
Creating or signing in to a new Mi Account is the first step in accessing all the great features available on the Mi App Store. To sign in to your account, please go to Settings > Mi Account and sign in using the preferred method.
STEP 2: Install Android SDK
Next, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. These tools will help you develop Android apps more easily. This binary is provided by Google and is the only recommended one. Download and extract the software to a convenient location on your computer. By following these instructions, you’ll get the necessary files to help you complete this guide.
STEP 3: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Also, enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking on your device. By using the former, your device will be recognized by the PC in ADB mode, which will make connecting and using it much easier. This will enable you to boot your device into Fastboot mode. On the other hand, OEM unlocking allows you to use your phone in a way that’s not possible with a locked bootloader.
If you want to take advantage of all the features MIUI 7 has to offer, you’ll need to enable Developer Options. To do this, head over to Settings and tap on MIUI 7 seven times. This will enable all the Developer options you need.
If you want to use your device with other carriers, we recommend you enable the toggle for OEM Unlocking in the Additional Settings menu. Doing so will allow you to use your device with other carriers, without having to go through the carrier’s specific process. Turn on USB debugging and confirm the setting by tapping OK.
STEP 4: Add Account to Mi Unlock Status
- Now turn off the WiFi and switch to regular data.
- Once done, go to Mi Unlock Status and tap on Agree.
- Adding an account is simple. Just tap on “Add account” and “Device” and wait for confirmation.
STEP 5: Boot Xiaomi to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable to enable USB debugging.
- To get started, head to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar. This will open the Command Prompt.
- Once you have entered the Fastboot Mode command, you will see a message stating “Fastboot mode enabled.” Press the Enter key on your keyboard to continue.
adb reboot bootloader
- If the Fastboot connection is successful, the command will return a list of devices connected to the computer.
If you get a Device ID followed by the fastboot keyword, that means the connection is successful and you can now unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi/Poco/Redmi/Mi device. If you don’t have a serial ID, you’ll need to install the Fastboot drivers, as instructed in the next step.
STEP 6: Install Fastboot Drivers
To get started, you’ll need to install the fastboot drivers so that your computer can identify the connected device in fastboot mode. We’ve put together a helpful guide on how to install fastboot drivers on your Windows.
STEP 7: Unlock Xiaomi Bootloader using Mi Unlock Tool
- With Mi Unlock Tool, you can easily extract your phone’s unlock code.
- To unlock your Miflash device, launch the tool via miflash_unlock.exe and click Agree in the prompt.
- To unlock your MI device, log into your MI account in the MI unlock tool.
- To keep your account logged in and secure, make sure to use the same account you are currently using.
- I agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- The Unlock tool will first confirm that your Mi account has been correctly linked to your Xiaomi phone.
- Once the verification is complete, you will see a window saying the phone is connected.
- By clicking on “Unlock Anyway,” you will be able to unlock your device even if your password is incorrect.
- If you’re new to this process, you’ll have to wait for 168 hours.
- Once the required time has passed, continue following the steps in the Mi Unlock Tool until you reach the Unlock screen.
- Since you’re asking, I’ll unlock the phone for you anyway.
- We will now begin the process and once it is complete, you will receive the message indicating that the Unlock has been successful.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your device will reboot and be unlocked.
By unlocking the bootloader on Xiaomi devices, you can gain access to a variety of benefits, such as the ability to install custom ROMs, root access, and install a custom recovery. However, it also comes with significant risks, such as voiding the warranty, exposing the device to security risks, and potentially breaking the device. Ultimately, the decision to unlock the bootloader depends on the user’s preferences and willingness to take the risks involved.
Will unlocking the bootloader improve my device’s performance?
- By unlocking the bootloader, you can improve the performance of your device by allowing users to customize system settings and remove pre-installed apps that may be causing the slowdown. However, it is important to be aware that modifying the device can also lead to instability and potential performance issues.
How can I unlock the bootloader on my Xiaomi device?
- To unlock the bootloader on a Xiaomi device, you need to follow the official unlocking procedure outlined by Xiaomi. This ensures that your device is fully unlocked and ready for use with any compatible ROMs and modifications. Would you like to unlock your Xiaomi phone’s bootloader? We can provide instructions on how to do so. However, it is important to note that voiding your warranty by unlocking the bootloader is a consideration.
Is unlocking the bootloader worth it?
There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to the bootloader unlock, as it is entirely up to the user. If you’re an advanced user looking to customize your device and take advantage of features not available in the official firmware, unlocking the bootloader might be worth it. If you’re not comfortable with the risks associated with modifying your device, then it may not be worth the potential benefits.