How to add a Google account to Huawei P40 Pro after installing GMS?
The steps described below are applicable to those who installed Google Mobile Services on their Huawei device following the method and will work on all tested devices: Huawei Mate 30 Pro Huawei P40 Lite Huawei P40 Pro Huawei Mate Xs Step 1- Download the files Copy the file “Adb 1.
After we brought you the details of the entire Huawei P40 Pro series and we managed to bring you the comparison of the Huawei P40 Series cameras and our analysis of the impressive Huawei P40 Pro and we were the first to discover how they are installed the GMS on the Huawei P40 Pro, the time has come to bring you what many have been asking us for some time, how to add a Google account after installing the GMS, or even how to authenticate the Google account if the password is changed.
- The steps outlined below are applicable to anyone who installed Google Mobile Services on their device
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro
- Huawei P40 Lite
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei Mate Xs
Step 1- Download the files
- Copy the file “Adb 1.4.3” and the” ADB Driver “folder and the” adb command “file for a PC
This part is the simplest and consists only of making Download files whose download link is at the end of this article for your PC.
Step 2- Activate Programmer Options and run ADB command
- The most beaten of Android should already know how to do this, but now it will be necessary to go to the Smartphone Settings, and in the About Phone section click 7 times on the Build Number. This trick will open a new menu called Programmer Options in which to activate USB Debugging.
Step 3- Run ICEBOX application
- We open the ICEBOX application and leave it running (if you used the method ICEBOX is already installed on your equipment if you removed it you will have to install it again for example from here)
- Do you remember saying you needed a PC or Laptop? And now. In the downloaded ZIP folder is an ADB EXE file that you must install on your PC / Laptop
- We already have everything we need to connect our Huawei P40 Pro to the PC. When we turn it on we must choose the option File transfer and a Pop Up should appear asking for authorization to use USB Debugging. We now open the ICEBOX application that we installed moments ago.
- We have USB Debugging authorized on the Huawei P40 Pro and open the IceBox application. It’s time for PC / Laptop run the ADB application that we installed and in the command window that appears insert the following command (you can copy-paste below):
adb shell sh /sdcard/Android/data/com.catchingnow.icebox/files/start.sh
- The execution of this command should return the message SUCCESS. If something like Device not found appears, it means that your PC / Laptop does not have the necessary drivers. But who was a friend and put the driver’s folder in the ZIP for download, who was it? To install the drivers on the PC and repeat them. Progress!
- With the ADB command executed on the PC with SUCESS status, we can now return to the Huawei P40 Pro and in the IceBox application do next until the Simple ADB option appears, which we must select
- We return to the ICEBOX application, choose the SYSTEM tab and look for the “Google services framework” application (in English it is the Google Services Framework) and select and in the menu that appears below we do “Freeze” (the phone is still connected to the PC).
Note: If you have deleted the Google Account Manager application that you installed at the time of placing the GMS, you will have to withdraw and install it again from here
- Now let’s go to the “Google Account Manager” application that is on the phone’s desktop, open and delete Cache and Data (the phone is still connected to the PC).
- We open Settings, accounts, and add as many Google accounts as we like and add our credentials. (the phone remains connected to the PC)
- We return to the ICEBOX application and choose the “Google services framework” application (in English it is Google Services Framework) and this time we will unfreeze it in the option “Defrost”.