How to format Samsung Galaxy A12? In this tutorial, you will find 3 methods to format your phone. You can reset the phone with Off using the buttons, On from the lock screen, or by going to Settings, however, the device should not be locked.
When formatting the Samsung Galaxy A12, all files and data will be erased from the phone’s internal storage and the configured default password / PIN will be removed. In addition, the reset will also increase the performance of Android 10. But before starting the procedure, please follow the safety instructions below.
Read Before You Begin:
- Formatting will erase all data from the phone’s internal storage.
- Make a backup of your files (photos, videos, documents, etc.) beforehand.
- If using another Google account on the phone, first remove the current account.
How to format Samsung Galaxy A12 by buttons?
1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy A12 and then at the same time, press and hold the “ Volume Up ” button and the “ Power ” button.
2. Continue holding the two buttons and when you see the logo on the screen, release them immediately and wait.
3. After entering the recovery mode menu (Android Recovery), use the Volume Down button to navigate to the “ Wipe data/factory reset ” option. Once that’s done, press the Power button to confirm.
4. On the next screen, select the “ Factory data reset ” option and again press the Power button to confirm.
5. Wait until all internal storage data is cleared. Then, the initial screen appears again, select ” Reboot system now ” with the volume button and then press the On / Off.
What to do now? Just wait for the process to finish. In the meantime, don’t do any action on the phone. When finished, select the language for your region and tap the arrow below the phrase “ Let’s go! ” to finish setting up your Galaxy A12.
How to Format Samsung Galaxy A12 with Lock Screen?
Not sure how to shut down or restart your Samsung Galaxy A12 to reset it? Are you stuck at the screen where it asks you to enter your password or PIN? If you got stuck on this screen, see below for the instructions needed to apply the hard reset and unlock your phone.
- From the screen where you ask for the password, press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- Once the phone restarts, release the Volume Down button and hold the Volume Up button without releasing the Power button.
- When the “ Samsung ” logo appears, release all the buttons and wait to enter the recovery mode screen.
- In this menu, select “ Wipe data/factory reset ” with the plus or minus volume knob. To confirm your selection, press the Power button.
- Then select “ Factory data reset ” and confirm with Power.
- Finally, select the option “ Reboot system now ” and press Power to restart the phone.
How to format Samsung Galaxy A12 via setup menu?
This is the simplest method to reset your Samsung Galaxy A12. However, the phone mustn’t be locked as we will have to have access to some phone options.
- Normally unlock your phone and go to the app search screen.
- Tap Settings (icon with a gear image).
- Then tap the General Management / System tab.
- On the next screen, tap the Restore tab > Restore Factory Default.
- Tap the RESET button > DELETE ALL.
The phone will restart so that all data is erased. In a few minutes, Android 10 will be restored to factory default.