One of the best GPS navigators that you can use is Google Maps. There are indeed a few alternatives to this service from Google, but the truth is that the giant based in Mountain View has done an excellent job.
Also, it does not stop updating the app to improve its functions, such as the recent inclusion of the compass. And beware, Google Maps hides some surprises under your arm that you probably did not know.
For example, the ability to use Google Maps to follow hiking trails or create your own. And it is much easier than you think. The only requirement? Download Google My Maps.
So you can create hiking trails on Google Maps
We are talking about an app owned by Google that will allow you to create your own hiking trails. Also, the steps to follow, as you will see later, are extremely simple.
- The first thing you should do is download My Maps (we leave the link at the end).
- Once you have downloaded and installed the application, click on the “+” button located at the bottom right of the interface.
- Now, create a name for your route and click OK.
- Select a first starting point by clicking on any place on the map to establish the route and enter the name and description that interests you.
- You will see that a symbol appears with an “X” that will allow you to trace the route before saving it.
As you may have seen, the process to create a hiking route on Google Maps is extremely simple. Say that the mobile interface sometimes fails, so we recommend using the web version available through the following link.
On the other hand, say that you can also check the routes that other users have created. And the process is extremely simple since all you have to do is open the Google My Maps application and search for the routes that appear near your location.
As you may have seen, it is much easier than you think to create your own hiking trails on Google Maps. So what are you waiting for to surprise your friends?