Android 4.4.1 fixes bugs with runtime ART to work correctly with more applications like Whatsapp mobile, performance improvements, bugs with Exchange email accounts are corrected, the status bar and navigation are transparent in the lock screen , added a new Settings icon in the quick settings bar and the option to “wireless display” now “screen Cast”, among other changes and improvements.
How to Manually Update Nexus 10 Android 4.4.1 :-
To update manually need to have installed SDK Android and Android the drivers in the device and follow the following steps:
- Download the appropriate file for updating us.
- Save the ZIP in the Platform-tools folder of the Android SDK .
- Connect the device to your computer.
- Turn off the phone and turn down both Volume Up + Volume Down + Power to enter the bootloader.
- Login to the Recovery mode using the volume keys to change option and the Power button to enter.
- When an icon with an exclamation press Volume Up + Power simultaneously displayed.
- Select apply update from adb.
- Write from the terminal window or command your computer sideload the adb command next to the name of the update. For example:
adb sideload bab270d1d4d935e31f61b1dcf2e66600006c87f7.signed-mantaray-KOT49E-from-KRT16S.bab270d1.zip
After installing the update we just need to restart the device. This process will update the device respecting our data and that is what would the OTA automatically.