How to Fix Red Magic 8 Fingerprint Not Working after Bootloader Unlocking
If you’ve unlocked the bootloader on your Red Magic 8, then you might have experienced an issue where fingerprint recognition stops working after unlocking. Users who rely on the fingerprint scanner for quick access to their phones are often maddened by this problem.
In this article, we’ll give you directions on how to troubleshoot and repair your fingerprint scanner.
Fix Red Magic 8 Fingerprint not working after Bootloader Unlocking
The first step to fixing the fingerprint-recognition problem is to re-enroll your fingerprints.
In order to undo the changes made during the unlocking process, go to “Settings” > “Security” > and delete your old fingerprint. Then enroll a new one in its place.
Corrupted cache files in the partition that stores temporary files on your device can cause issues like the fingerprint scanner not working.
To clean the cache partition, complete these steps:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold down the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until you feel a vibration in your hand.
- Release the Power button, but keep holding Volume Up until the Android Recovery menu appears.
- Use the volume buttons to select “Wipe cache partition” and then confirm your selection by pressing the Power button.
- Restart your phone and test the scanner to make sure it’s working.
Flash Stock Firmware:
If the above two steps do not fix your issue, flashing the stock ROM may solve it.
If you’re not sure how to do this, ask google who knows more about Android than you do. If all else fails and the above steps don’t fix your issue, it’s time to visit an authorized service center.
Fix fingerprint Via Calibration App
- The following steps should be performed in a dark room or under minimal light.
- However, it is highly recommended that you carry out this fingerprint recalibration task wearing a lattice glove as it tends to give the maximum success rate.
- Delete the data of FingerPrint, which is used to unlock your phone.
- Once you are done with the above steps, go to your dialer and type in
- Checkmark Calibration, then uncheck Performance. Tap Start and wait until you get a pass.
- Then tap Next in the circle and wait for Pass [put anything black non-reflective and then retry if you are failing].
- Press NEXT, then place your thumb vertically over the circle. Press down on it until you can see all of its dark interiors.
You should repeat this process until the word “Pass” appears in green (this could take up to 50 tries!). Then you can be sure that your work is done.
After unlocking the bootloader on their Red Magic 8 fingerprint scanner, many users have experienced problems with its functionality. You can fix it by re-enrolling your fingerprint, wiping the cache partition, or flashing the stock ROM. Hopefully, this guide has given you the information and resources that you need to resolve your issue.
In case you are facing the same issue we hope this guide will help you. If you have any questions about the steps above, leave a comment and we’ll get back to you.