If you are a OnePlus device user, you have probably had problems with the Gallery application. Users have been having problems with the app for weeks, from crashes to photos that don’t save properly.
But don’t worry – help is on the way. According to a post on the OnePlus forums, the company is aware of the issue and is currently working on a solution. However, there are a few ways to try to get your Gallery app working properly. So, if you have issues with your Gallery app, keep an eye out – we’ll show you how to fix the issue until OnePlus releases a corrective update.
OnePlus has acknowledged the issue with the Gallery app on its phones. You won’t have to wait long before the Gallery app on your OnePlus phone goes back to normal.
- Advertisement -
For months now, OnePlus users have been reporting stops, delays, and unexpected shutdowns while sharing images or simply scrolling through the Gallery app. Complaints about the problem date back to last March. Fortunately, OnePlus found the root cause of the problem.
According to a post shared by the company on Tuesday, the stopping issues in the Gallery app are curiously related to the Google Messages app. OnePlus says a fix should be released within a week.
Meanwhile, the smartphone manufacturer recommends users try the following ways to solve the problem:
1. Go to Google Play Store and search for “Messages”
2. If you can’t find it, see step 4
3. Click “Uninstall” to uninstall all updates and return this system applies to an older version
4. Make sure auto-update is turned off by pressing the three-dot menu button in the upper right corner. Once the app has resolved the issue, you can turn automatic updating back on
5. If step 1 doesn’t work for you, go to Google Play Store and click on your account & Manage apps & devices & err
6. Find the Messages app in the list and follow steps 2 and 3.
OnePlus has finally found the root cause of the Gallery issue, which many of its users have been reporting for months. The company urges those affected to keep an eye out for more information, which will be released shortly.