How To Disable Security Analysis When Installing Apps in MIUI
Does your Xiaomi mobile take a long time to install applications because of the security analysis? Yes, we know how annoying this can be, especially when you are in a hurry and want to use an app as soon as possible.
Perhaps you have never thought of deactivating this security analysis that all Xiaomi devices do by default to the apps you install on them because you think it is necessary. After all, the only thing this function does is protect you, looking for viruses in the apps to eliminate them.
However, if you only install apps from the Google Play Store, you don’t really need MIUI’s security scan. Why? Well, because the Google store has a built-in function called “Google Play Protect” that does exactly the same as MIUI ;
Prevent you from installing apps with viruses. So why analyze applications twice? Learn right away with us to deactivate the MIUI security analysis on your Xiaomi to install applications faster.
How to disable security analysis when installing apps in MIUI – Xiaomi
The Security application that came pre-installed on your Xiaomi is responsible for performing the security analysis when installing apps. Therefore, if you want to deactivate this function, all you have to do is the following:
- Open the Security application on your Xiaomi.
- Tap the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select a Security scan or Security scan (the name of the option varies depending on the region).
- Click on Analyze before installing to disable this feature.
That’s it! Thus, the security application will no longer analyze the applications recently installed on your Xiaomi. Also, you will no longer see recommendations or advertisements on the installation screen.
Of course, keep in mind that by doing this MIUI will not analyze the applications that you install from sources other than the Play Store (APKs, for example), which can put the security of your mobile at risk. If you want to avoid this, follow the steps below.
How to disable security analysis only when installing apps from Google Play Store on Xiaomi
If you want only Google Play Protect to analyze the installation of apps from the Play Store, but MIUI to analyze the installation of apps from other sources, do the following:
- First, if you followed the previous tutorial, reactivate the Analyze before installing function. If not, skip this step.
- Go to the Google Play Store and install any app (it doesn’t matter which one, you can uninstall it later if you want).
- When the MIUI security analysis screen appears when installing the app, press the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Deactivate the options Analyze applications from Google Play Store and Receive recommendations.
Ready! In this way, MIUI will continue to analyze the installation of apps on your Xiaomi, but only those that come from a source other than the Google Play Store. Google Play Protect will take care of analyzing the apps in the Google store, so don’t worry.