Activating voice recognition by Google Assistant in Google Chrome is possible thanks to the latest updates that the browser received in recent months. If you want to use the Google assistant without too many complications, and from the company’s own browser, you are in the right place.
In this article, we will explain in a few steps everything you have to do to activate this function, as well as what you must activate to use the assistant from the Google browser, Chrome.
How to use the Google Assistant in Chrome?
Before we show you the tutorial you have to follow, you must have the latest version of Google Chrome installed on your Android mobile. If you don’t know which version you have, you can manually update the app from the Google Play Store.
If you already have the latest version downloaded and installed, follow all these steps that we show you below:
- The first thing you have to do is open the Google Chrome browser from your mobile device.
- Therefore, you must click on the Google search bar.
- There you will have to write the following: “chrome: // flags” (without the quotes).
- A new web page will open, there you must click on the section that says “Search flags”.
- Therefore, you will have to write “Assistant” (without the quotes).
- Click on the option that says Default, within the first result.
- A menu with various options will be displayed, select the one that says Enable.
- Finally, hit the Relaunch button so that the changes are saved and the Google assistant appears in your browser.
Having restarted the browser, and with the Google assistant activated, you will have to go to the main page of the search engine (Google.com) and perform a search. When you search, you will see enormous help from Google Assistant.
It should be noted that this function cannot be activated on other devices. If you installed Google Chrome on Android TV, we regret to inform you that this option is not available, as it is currently an experimental feature that only works on Android phones and tablets.
Without much more to add, if you have problems following these steps, or you cannot find this function in Google Chrome, leave us a message so we can help you.