For the installation of the new official Samsung firmware. This guide is presented with the aim of helping all users who intend to use Odin, a tool developed by Samsung.
This procedure is also suitable for users with little experience in this sector; so do not worry if this is the first time you use it, no computer knowledge is required, but just follow the procedure that you will find below step by step.
As always, we advise you to follow all the steps in this guide to the letter, so that the procedure on how to install official Samsung firmware is successful. Having made this small premise, let’s see together how to proceed.
How to install official Samsung firmware
1. Take a Backup
Almost all of our tutorials advise users to perform a full backup of their device before proceeding. This is due to the fact that tinkering with your phone’s software can frequently result in the loss of important data if done incorrectly.
Begin by making a complete backup of the phone’s storage. If your device is rooted, you can take additional Nandroid backups with TWRP or Titanium Backup to backup all installed apps and data. You should read our comprehensive Android backup guide for more information.
2. Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers.
In order to install Samsung stock firmware using Odin, you must first connect the Samsung Galaxy smartphone/tablet to the PC. If you already have Samsung Kies installed on your PC, make sure it is completely closed before using Odin. Kies frequently disrupts the phone’s connection with the Odin tool, which may affect the process in between and soft brick the phone.
If you haven’t already installed the necessary drivers on your PC, you can easily download and install a standalone Samsung USB driver.
3. Charge your Samsung Device
4. Need Odin Flash Tool
5. Start the Samsung Galaxy Device in Download Mode.
First, power off the phone completely. Next, hold the Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously for older Galaxy devices with capacitive buttons. Hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power buttons together on newer phones. Hold the keys down for 3-5 seconds. To enter Download Mode, simply press the Volume Up key after the warning screen appears.
Once you’ve met all of the prerequisites, proceed to the instructions for installing Samsung Stock firmware on Galaxy devices with Odin.
Download Samsung Stock Firmware
Firmware that can be flashed with Odin is widely accessible on the Internet from numerous reputable sources. Several of them are listed here. You may just search the index for the model of your device and download the desired stock ROM/firmware for your region/carrier
- Official Samsung Firmware: Official Samsung firmware can be downloaded from the Stock Firmware page. Searching for the desired firmware is very simple, just connect to the DATABASE section of the Stock Firmware page and enter the model of your device and the nationality of the firmware you have decided to install in the appropriate fields. To see the links you need to register on the site.
Download Right Firmware:
First, you need to know the nationality and brand of your device. To do this, open the dialer and enter the code * # 1234 #. A screen with three entries will appear and of these only, the string corresponding to the CSC will be considered.
Take the last six letters of the string and among these the first three will tell you which country your phone comes from, as well as its brand, for example, ITV refers to the Italian no-brand firmware, while OMN, TIM and WIN to the Italian firmware of Vodafone. , Tim and Wind. Having the correct nationality firmware is not necessary but recommended for the less experienced.
When you understand which firmware you need, through the Stock Firmware page, enter the information requested in the information box from the site itself.
Complete Procedure to Install Samsung Stock Firmware using Odin:
- First, all you have to do is extract the. ZIP file containing the firmware you previously downloaded from the Stock Firmware page;
- Open Odin and, after selecting the AP field, look for the firmware in the directory of the PC where you extracted it. Do not touch anything else and make sure the re-partition field is not selected.
- From the device turned off, press the home + power + volume up buttons for a few seconds and, once you have entered the recovery mode, use the volume rocker as a directional button and move to wipe data/factory reset and give the ok with the power button. once this is done, restart the device with the appropriate command, always from recovery.
- After resetting, turn off your device and restart it in download mode (this procedure varies from device to device). Confirm with the appropriate button (Volume Up in the case of the GS3) and connect the device to the PC. If the drivers have been correctly installed by Kies, Odin will recognize your Samsung smartphone or tablet.
- Now, all you have to do is press the Odin Start button to start the installation. The procedure will last approximately 5 minutes and upon completion, if all goes well, your device will restart automatically.
Odin does not detect the device and the COM port does not light up – Check that Kies is turned off and that Samsung USB drivers are properly installed. If that doesn’t work, try a different cable or switch between the PC’s USB ports.
Odin displays a ‘FAIL!’ message. This could be due to a variety of factors. You might not be using the correct firmware/Odin tool, or your USB connection might be broken. Simply force the device to shut down and restart the procedure from step 1.
The device enters a boot loop/doesn’t progress past the Samsung logo – If you encounter a boot loop or other software misbehavior after installation, simply reboot into the stock recovery and perform a factory data reset. To begin, turn off the device. Then, for a few seconds, hold the Volume Up + Home/Bixby + Power buttons together. Hold the Power button and tap the Volume Up key once on the ‘No command’ screen. Once in stock recovery, press the ‘Wipe data/factory reset button and confirm your choice.
Wasn’t it a simple procedure? Even if it is not your first time, it will be simple once you have mastered the entire procedure. So, using Odin, you were able to install Samsung stock firmware on Galaxy devices. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section.