It is no secret that Xiaomi always does what it can to keep most of its mobiles up to date. Without a doubt, that has been one of the keys to its success. In this opportunity, the Xiaomi Redmi 6 and 6A are updated to Android 9 Pie. Good news for those who have this mobile in their possession!Although it seemed that Xiaomi was going to leave the Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A without its standing portion, the Chinese company has changed its mind.
Now, these mobiles that came to the market with Android 8.1 Oreo, are being updated globally with Android 9 Pie. Keep reading and you will discover every detail.
When will the Redmi 6 be updated to Android 9 Pie?
The stable version of Android Pie is slowly reaching all Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A. However, in XDA Developers global ROMs uploaded so anyone can update without waiting for it to arrive via OTA.
The update comes with the July 2019 security patch, MIUI 10 and the dark mode. In addition, it includes several visual changes and the possibility of using your face to block applications. The stable ROM of Android Pie for the Xiaomi Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A It has a weight of 1.3 GB.
How to upgrade the Redmi 6 to Android 9 Pie?
- The first thing you should do is download the ROM for him Redmi 6 or Redmi 6A.
- While downloading, go to Settings> About phone> System update and press 10 times in a row on the MIUI 10 logo.
- A warning will appear showing a list with update options. An option will be enabled in the three points on the right of the screen.
- After the Android 9 Pie file is downloaded, press the three points in the right corner and touch “Select update package“
- Go to the download folder and choose the zip you got through XDA Developers.
Choose the file and voila, the Xiaomi software will install the update. Keep in mind that this process does not delete any files and takes a few minutes to install.
That’s it, so you can update your Redmi 6 or 6A. What do you think of the process?