If you’re having trouble retrieving your WhatsApp messages and notifications, you might be experiencing the “WhatsApp couldn’t retrieve your info. Please try again later” error. In this article, we’ll explain what causes this error and provide you with step-by-step solutions to fix it.
Does the most used messaging app in the world show you an error message on your Android mobile? If it says “Could not get your info, he tries again”, let us tell you that you have come to the right place.
Considered an isolated error, since it does not usually affect the majority of users, there are few things that can be done to prevent it from continuing to say “present” in Android terminals.
Investigating the cause of this problem, here we will explain why this message appears, as well as what you will have to do to solve it, do not miss it!
Possible Causes of the Error:
Why does WhatsApp show a message that says “Could not get your info, try again”?
Despite the fact that WhatsApp has not given us any information about it, there are indications that show that this problem is related to the servers of the messaging app in question. When the server cannot verify the status of our account, WhatsApp displays a small message indicating the following: “Your info could not be obtained, try again .” This error will continue to appear every 5 minutes if the app cannot update our information.
There are several reasons why you may be encountering the “WhatsApp couldn’t retrieve your info” error. Some of the most common causes include:
- Network Issues: If your internet connection is weak or unstable, it can cause this error.
- Outdated WhatsApp Version: If you’re using an outdated version of WhatsApp, it may not be able to retrieve your information.
- WhatsApp Server Issues: Sometimes, the issue may be with WhatsApp’s servers, which can cause an error.
- Device Compatibility: If you’re using an old or incompatible device, it may not be able to retrieve your information.
Luckily, fixing it is possible. You just have to keep reading and perform each of the steps that we are going to show you here, fixing this problem is easier than it seems!
How to solve the WhatsApp problem “Could not get your info, try again”
Before we show you the tutorial that will allow you to solve this problem, we recommend that you update the WhatsApp app to the latest version.
- First, you will have to enter “Settings” on your mobile.
- Then, you must click on “Apps ”.
- Enter the section called “See the apps”.
- Press on the WhatsApp app
- Click on the option that says “Force stop”.
- Click on “OK”.
- Go to “Storage and cache”.
- And finally, click on “Clear cache”.
If after performing all these steps, the WhatsApp app continues to display a said error message, we advise you to do the following:
- Open the WhatsApp application and click on the three small vertical dots that are located in the right corner of the screen.
- A menu with several options will be displayed, click on the one that says “Settings”.
- Enter your profile (where your photo appears).
- Change your profile photo, name, and info.
This procedure will make your WhatsApp account communicate with the servers of the messaging app. This way, the error message should no longer appear. Without anything more to add in this regard, we want to inform you that this problem is not present in the beta version of WhatsApp ( available only for Android).
Additional Steps To Fix
Solution 1: Check Your Network Connection
The first thing you should do is check your network connection. Make sure that your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection is stable and strong. If your network connection is weak or unstable, try switching to a different network or resetting your network settings.
Solution 2: Update WhatsApp
If you’re using an outdated version of WhatsApp, it may not be able to retrieve your information. To update WhatsApp, follow these steps:
1. Go to the app store and download the latest version of WhatsApp
2. Open the app and tap on “Update”
3. Follow the instructions on-screen to complete the update
Once WhatsApp is updated, try opening it again to see if the error has been resolved.
Solution 3: Reinstall WhatsApp
If none of the solutions above work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to your phone’s “Settings.”
- Tap on “Apps & Notifications.”
- Find WhatsApp and tap on it.
- Tap on “Uninstall.”
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and download and install WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp and set it up again.
We know you’re probably upset about this, but we’ve got some good news: You can fix the problem. If you continue to have trouble using WhatsApp, you might want to try the solutions we’ve provided for you. You’ll need your phone number and password details and a few minutes of time. If you’re still having trouble after trying these steps, it might be a good idea to contact WhatsApp support for further assistance.