A while ago, all Xiaomi phones were already unlocked at the factory, after some inconvenience involving the security of the MIUI operating system, the company decided to remove the plug and it was there from that time on, that all devices started to come blocked by the standard.
The tool can be used to unlock almost all models of Xiaomi phones ( see our list of supported devices ), however, it is also necessary to first obtain permission before performing the bootloader unlock. To do this, you will need to access the official MIUI website and obtain permission.
Read on to see what files you will need to download and how to use the tool to unlock your Xiaomi phone’s Bootloader.
Information and files needed for unlocking the Bootloader
What is the Mi Flash unlock tool? The Mi Flash Unlock Tool is the official Xiaomi tool, which allows the user to unlock the boot loader on their phones. In addition, you can use this tool regardless of any version of Xiaomi’s custom interface, namely MIUI.
After unlocking your Xiaomi phone’s boot charger, you can proceed, root your phone and install ROMs, apps modified to enhance your phone’s features. Previously, all Xiaomi phones used to come with a locked boot charger, but due to certain security reasons, Xiaomi blocked the boot charger and gave users an official tool to unlock the boot charger.
Here is more information about this update and the Mi Flash Unlock Tool that you need to know. The download link is also provided in this section.
- Filename: Mi Unlock Tool
- Developer: Xiaomi
- File type: RAR
- Filesize: 22.61 MB
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10
Download the required files:
Given below, a list of the compatible device that supports the Mi Flash Unlock Tool is shown. In the case of one of the following devices, they can use the Mi Unlock flash tool to unlock the Mi device’s boot loader;
Xiaomi Mi Series:
- Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi A3
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi CC9E
- Xiaomi Mi CC9
- Xiaomi Mi 9T
- Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 9
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Explorer
- Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
- Xiaomi Mi 8
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi A2
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi Max 3
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/4 Plus
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3
- Xiaomi Mi 6 Plus
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 / 5G
- Xiaomi Mi Play
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
- Xiaomi Mi 7
- Xiaomi Mi 6
- Xiaomi Mi 5
- Xiaomi Mi 5s
- Xiaomi Mi 4C
- Xiaomi Mi 4i
- Xiaomi Mi 4
- Xiaomi Mi 5x
- Xiaomi Mi 5c
- Xiaomi Mi Max
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Xiaomi Mi Note
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3
- And others…
- Redmi K30
- Redmi K20
- Redmi K20 Pro
- Redmi K20
- Redmi Note 8T
- Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Redmi Note 8
- Redmi 8
- Redmi 8A
- Redmi 7
- Redmi 7A
- Redmi Note 7S
- Redmi Note 7
- Redmi Y3
- Redmi Y2 / Y2 Lite
- Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Redmi Go
- Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Redmi 6
- Redmi 6 Pro
- Redmi S2
- Redmi 6A
- Redmi 5 plus
- Redmi 5
- Redmi 5A
- Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Redmi Note 5A
- Redmi Note 4
- Redmi Note 5
- Redmi Note 3
- Redmi 3S
- Redmi 3S Prime
- Redmi 4
- Redmi 4A
- Redmi 4X
- Redmi Y1 / Y1 Lite
- And others…
What are the advantages and disadvantages of unlocking your phone’s bootloader?
- Unlocking will allow you to root your phone at any time.
- You can install any custom ROM on your phone.
- In addition, you can view the files on your phone without losing any data.
- You can switch with the system settings in detail and also install different mod APKs on your device.
- Remove the pre-installed bloatware, which is basically the pre-loaded applications on your device.
- You can make full backups of your Android phone or tablet.
Once the device is unlocked, it becomes less secure and more vulnerable to malware attacks, which can lead to the disclosure and loss of your private data. Some features that require a high level of security (for example, Find device, value-added services, etc.) will no longer be available. This is Xiaomi’s official warning.
How to use the Mi Flash unlock tool?
Before we go directly to the steps to unlock the boot loader using this flash tool, you need to prepare yourself with the things mentioned below;
- Download the Mi Flash Unlock Tool from the link above.
- Enable USB debugging; To do this, go to Settings> go to About phone and tap “MIUI Version” 7 times> again go to Settings> tap “More”> “Developer options”> Enable USB debugging.
- Finally, download the USB drivers on your PC> HERE
First step: Sending an unlock request to Xiaomi
- Go to the Unlock Request page by clicking> HERE.
- Click the ” Unlock Now ” button.
- On the next page, log in to your IM account (if you don’t have an account, create one now).
- Make sure you are using the same account on your Xiaomi device as well.
- After logging in, fill out the form by entering your Name, Country, Mobile Number and to complete, solve the captcha challenge.
- Now accept the warning and choose from the list a reason related to unlocking your device.
- Finally, click on the “ Apply now “ button.
Your number will be verified through an OTP and then the risks involved in the unlocking process will be described. In addition, in a few days, you will receive an approval notification via SMS. Please note that this approval can take up to or more than 10 days. Just be patient.
Second step: Unlocking the boot loader
After completing all the procedures mentioned above, you can now safely unlock the boot loader on your device. Follow the steps below and make sure not to skip any steps, as this may result in masonry or permanent damage to your phone.
Note: There are risks involved in unlocking your device’s boot loader. Therefore, make a backup of all data and files on your device and save it before proceeding with the next steps. Also, the author is not responsible for any damage caused to your device during this process. You can proceed with the steps at your own risk.
- To start the procedure, download and extract the Mi Flash Unlock tool on your PC.
- Now, access your Mi account (the same one that you requested to unlock and the one that is currently logged on the phone).
- After logging in, you will be notified that your phone is not connected.
- With a USB cable, connect your Xiaomi phone to your PC or Notebook. In order for the phone to be recognized correctly, it will be necessary to have installed the drivers mentioned in the link above.
- After you have connected your phone to the PC, enter Fastboot mode. To enter this mode, do the following:
- Still connected to the PC, hang up the phone.
- With the device completely off, press and hold the Power (On / Off button) and the Volume Down at the same time.
- After entering the Fastboot screen, the unlocking process will begin shortly thereafter. Just wait.
- When finished, click Restart to complete the unlock.
Now that the bootloader is unlocked, you will have access to all parts of your device’s system and will be able to make any changes and firmware updates. In addition, you can also install custom ROMs, perform a custom recovery, etc.