How To Uninstall Programs on MAC
How to uninstall programs on a Mac? Sometimes you have to remove some old apps from your computer to make it stay fluid and fast. Or maybe you just want to remove an app that’s causing you trouble.
Either way, there are several ways to uninstall programs on a Mac. If you want to know how to remove programs on a Mac, then this guide is for you.
How to uninstall programs on Mac using Trash
One of the easiest ways to uninstall apps from a Mac is to use the trash can function. Follow the steps below to find out how:
- Open Finder. This is the half gray and half blue icon in the dock.
- Click Applications in the left panel. You can also open the Applications folder by simultaneously pressing the “Command + Shift + A” keys on the keyboard.
- Find the application you want to uninstall.
- Drag the app icon to the trash can on the dock.
- Empty the trash. You can do this by right-clicking (or holding down the Ctrl key) on the recycle bin and selecting Empty Recycle Bin.
How to uninstall on Mac using an app uninstaller
Some programs come with their own uninstallers. We recommend that you use the uninstall tool provided with the application to make the uninstall process safer. Here are the steps like:
- Open a Finder window. You can also open a new Finder window by clicking on the desktop and pressing the Command + N keys.
- Click Applications in the left panel.
- Open the application folder you wish to uninstall. If the app isn’t in a folder, it probably doesn’t have an uninstaller.
- Double-click on the app uninstalls tool.
- Follow the instructions to remove the app.
How to uninstall on Mac using the Launchpad
If you want to uninstall programs downloaded from the App Store, you can use the Launchpad. Here are the steps like:
- Open Launchpad. This is the spaceship icon on your dock. If you don’t see it in the dock, check the Applications folder.
- Find the application you want to uninstall.
- Click and hold the app icon. After a few seconds, the icon will begin to shake and an X will appear in the upper left corner.
- Click the X.
- Confirm by pressing Delete.
How to uninstall programs on MAC using third-party apps
It is very common that when you install a program, you want to uninstall it because in the end, it does not exceed expectations.
It happens to all of us. However, when you want to uninstall something that has been installed, in MAC it is not as simple as in Windows, and many times it takes a little longer to delete the program.
Therefore we will leave you a number of applications so that you can delete any program from your MAC in a moment.
This is a slightly different application from the next because it has a much older interface. In addition, it has become somewhat obsolete because, apparently, it no longer receives updates.
However, all of this is directly at odds with the functionality and ease of use of the application. And is that just open the application you will find the following.
Once inside, drag simply the application to delete it. We can also touch the ‘switch’ button that appears on the right side and we can see all installed applications. Finally, when we click on the application that we want to completely remove from our team, we click on “Zap!” it’s ready.
One of the applications we want to show you today is a well-known application in deleting applications.
This application is known as ‘AppCleaner‘ and offers us an interface and system very similar to the previous one. However, the particularity of AppCleaner is that when downloaded from its website, it is not installed in our Applications folder, but we will have to save it manually.
Once we have the application, we drag and drop. Impossible easier!
Now we want to hear from you. Did you have problems uninstalling any problems from your MAC? Which program resisted you?
3. Daisy Disk
DaisyDisk is a tool that finds visually and shows you where all the files are, both on your computer and on external storage drives.
And is that since the launch of MacOS Catalina, while scanning the storage disk, a section called appeared “Hidden space” that could not be removed.
This happened because the operating system is running temporary system backups which take up a lot of space.
And although it’s not possible to permanently delete these copies, it is likely that at some point either additional space is urgently needed.
Well, stop worrying about why with DaisyDisk you will be able to do it without any problem. Just drag in the collection section and then delete it with a simple click.