Ultimate Solution to Unbricking Your Redmi Note 9: No Fastboot Mode
In this article, we’ll explain how to recover your hard-bricked Redmi Note 9. The Note series has always been recognized as one of the most popular choices for custom development, with users having the flexibility to install custom ROMs, recoveries, or even gain administrative access by rooting the device through Magisk. However, while these modifications provide various benefits, they also come with potential risks.
In many cases, users may experience a soft brick or boot loop. These can be fixed by flashing the Fastboot ROM through the Mi Flash Tool or Fastboot Commands. However, recovery becomes an urgent matter when your device is hard-bricked and unable to enter Fastboot mode.
Fortunately, there is still hope for you if you own a Redmi Note 9: we will show you how to do just that in this guide. Follow these steps carefully to recover your device and restore it to its previous state.
How to recover a Hard-Bricked Redmi Note 9 [with no Fastboot Mode]
Below are instructions for performing certain tasks on your Android device. To make sure you follow the same sequence as mentioned, please make sure you read these instructions before proceeding. If you choose to do so, Droidwin and its members disclaim any responsibility if your device and data get damaged during the steps below.
STEP 1: Download Xiaomi Unbrick Tool
First, download and extract the Xiaomi Unbrick Tool to a convenient location on your PC.
This tool contains all the drivers and software that will be used throughout this guide to help you unbrick your Redmi Note device.
STEP 2: Download Fastboot ROM
First and foremost, please download the Fastboot ROM for your device.
Once downloaded, unzip it to a comfortable spot on your computer.
STEP 3: Install Python
- First of all, download Python from its official site.
- Then double-click the EXE file to run the setup.
- At the bottom of the menu, select the Add Python to Path option.
- Then, if you want to install it in the default place (suggested), choose to Install Now: [XX-XX is the version number]:
- Keep this address in mind since it will be used throughout the procedure to unbrick your Redmi Note handset.
STEP 4: Install Python Dependencies
- Navigate to the installation directory, type CMD in the address box, and press Enter.
- This will bring up the Command Prompt window.
- Copy and paste the following command into the CMD window and press Enter:
pip install pyusb pyserial json5
- Using the PIP command, we installed the necessary dependencies.
STEP 5: Install CDC_ACM Drivers
- Navigate to the location where you extracted the Unbrick Xiaomi Tool.
- Then, in the Drivers folder, right-click on cdc-adm.inf, select Show More Options and then Install.
- Allow time for the drivers to be installed. After that, proceed to the following step to unbrick your Redmi Note device.
STEP 6: Install MediaTek SP Flash Tool Driver
Following that, you must install the MediaTek Drivers that are created especially for the SP Flash Tool. Here’s how you could go about it:
- Navigate to the Unbrick Xiaomi Tool > MTK Driver folder. Then, start the MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe as the executable file.
Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup.
STEP 7: Download MTK Bypass Utility Tool
You can get the MTK Bypass Utility program here on GitHub. Then extract its contents to a location on your PC that is convenient for you.
Transfer all of these files to the Python installation directory [this is critical].
STEP 8: Install libusb-win32
This library enables you to use USB devices on your Windows PC. It is actually a port of libusb-0.1, a library for developing user-space apps.
To begin, install libusb-win32 on your computer.
Then, double-click the libusb-win32-devel-filter-220.127.116.11 file to begin the installation.
To finish the installation, follow the on-screen instructions.
It will then prompt you to run the Installer wizard.
STEP 9: Boot Redmi Note Device to Download Mode
The next step in unbricking your Xiaomi device using MTK Exploit is to boot your device into Download Mode. Here’s how you could go about it:
- To begin, turn off your device. Then, reached and hold the Volume Up button.
- While holding the button down, connect your device to the Computer via a Usb connection.
- Your device will now enter Download Mode.
- It should be marked MediaTek USB Port. So choose it and click Install.
- Keep in mind that timing is everything in this situation.
- Before your device may boot to the OS, you should pick MediaTek USB Port and push Install as soon as feasible.
- The phrase “…device filter successfully installed for MediaTek USB port…” signifies that the installation was successful.
STEP 10: Bypass SP Flash Tool SLA DAA Authentication
To bypass MediaTek SLA and DAA authentication, first, verify that your device is linked to the PC through a USB cable and that it is in Download Mode. Next, copy the contents of the MTK Bypass Tool to your Python installation directory. If that’s all right, then follow these procedures to circumvent MediaTek SP Flash Tool SLA and DAA authentication.
In Python’s address bar, type CMD and press Enter. This will run Command Prompt from within the Python installation directory.
To launch the main.py python file, enter the following command:
When it is done, you should get the message “Protection Disabled, Press any key to proceed.”
If that doesn’t work, try this technique [this method may require two or three takes to be successful].
To begin, disconnect your device from the PC while leaving the USB wire plugged into the PC.
After that, navigate to the extracted Unbrick Xiaomi Tool folder and run the 2ND RUN THIS.bat file.
The Waiting for Device notification should now appear.
So, hold down the Volume Up key while connecting the other end of the USB connection to your mobile phone.
Your device has now been identified, and it will display Found Port=COM3.
Similarly, it should display the Protection Disabled notice.
STEP 11: Install SP Flash Tool and Unbrick the Redmi Note
To open the tool, navigate to the Unbrick Xiaomi folder > SP Flash Tool folder and double-click on the flash_tool.exe file.
Now, next to Download Agent, click Choose and load the DA_6765_6785_6768_6873_6885_6853.bin file from the SP Flash Tool folder.
Then, next to Authentication File, click Choose and choose the auth_sv5.auth file from the SP flash tool folder.
Then, next to Scatter-loading File, click Choose, navigate to the unzipped Fastboot ROM Images folder, and select the Android_scatter.txt file.
Then, switch from Download Only Mode to Firmware Upgrade Mode.
Then, under the Options section, pick Connection from the left menu bar (see the image below).
Now, under Connection Settings, pick UART and set the Baud Rate to 921600. [Make sure the COM port is also set to COM3].
Close the Options menu and then press the Download button to begin the flashing procedure. It will take some time.
Then, hit the Power button to boot into the operating system.
Unbricking a hard-bricked Redmi Note 9 can be difficult, but it is certainly possible with the right tools and instructions. We’ve included step-by-step directions in this detailed guide on how to unbrick your smartphone without using fastboot mode. We hope you found this instruction useful and that you were able to successfully unbrick your phone.