Lost TV remotes are annoying. Your remote could also be broken. You would look online or in stores for a replacement remote when this happens. Finding and ordering a replacement remote can be time-consuming. Even without a remote, you can still watch TV.
Onn smart TVs can be turned on without a remote. The guide’s methods are straightforward. Whether you have a Roku Onn TV or a basic TV, these methods will work. Begin.[quads id=2]
How To Switch On Onn Smart TV Without TV Remote
Use Onn TV with Physical Buttons
There are typically a number of physical buttons located either on the front panel or the back panel of the television, and they can be found on either the left or right side of the screen, depending on whether the television is a smart or non-smart model. You won’t have any trouble finding the buttons for controlling the power, input, channel, or volume. These buttons are available on standard Onn TVs in addition to the Roku streaming media player. This is the most fundamental method for providing power to your Onn TVs.
Control Roku Onn TV via Roku App
Now, if you don’t have the remote for your Roku Onn TV, you can control it with the Roku app on your smartphone or tablet. Nevertheless, you will not be able to use the Roku app to power on your Onn Roku TV. Follow these steps to control your Onn Roku TV using your Android or iPhone.
- First, download the Roku app for your Android or iOS device. It’s a free-to-download app.
- Now, make sure to switch your Roku TV by pressing the power button on the panel of the TV.
- Next, check that your mobile phone and your Onn Roku TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Launch the app on your mobile device and sign in with the same Roku account as that of your Onn TV.
- Select your Onn Roku TV from the devices list and then tap on Remote.
- The app will now display different buttons that are similar to that of your Roku TV remote.
Switch the TV on via IR Blaster
IR Blasters are built into many older Android devices. Download the Remote Control app from Google Play if your device has an IR blaster.
Select your TV brand in the app. The app makes TV control easy. Setup may take some time. Once set up, you can use your phone to turn on or off your Roku Onn Smart TV.
Switch on TV via Nintendo Switch
If you have the Nintendo Switch TV dock, you can power your Onn TV. Steps to follow if the Switch is plugged into the TV dock and dock is connected to the TV via HDMI.
- Power up your Nintendo Switch and press the button to open the Home menu.
- Now, select the System Settings option from the Home menu.
- Select TV Settings, Now, select the option that says Match TV Power State.
- With the settings turned on, your Onn TV will switch on whenever you power up your Nintendo Switch that is plugged into the dock which is connected to the TV’s HDMI input port.
- This will only work with the Nintendo Switch and the OLED versions. The Switch Lite will not be able to perform this function
Switch on TV via Play Station 4
Play Station 4 can be used to turn on Onn TV. Follow these steps to turn on your Onn smart TV using your PS4.
- On the Home screen of your Play Station 4, select the Settings option.
- Now, select the System option.
- You will see a checkbox that says Enable HDMI Device Link.
- Select the checkbox.
- Now, whenever you switch your Play Station 4 on and it’s connected to your TV via the HDMI cable, the Onn TV will also power up.
Your Onn TV can be turned on in a variety of different ways, all of which can be accomplished without the use of the TV’s remote control. You can simply get a universal remote, which will require you to enter a code in order to pair the remote with your Onn TV. This is an option for you in the event that you are unable to find an exact replacement remote for your Onn TV.