Fitness trackers such as Fitbit have been a constant presence on the best fitness tracker list for a long time. Health and wellness enthusiasts worldwide adore its innovative design, impressive features, and long battery life. The Fitbit app, however, was undergoing a series of changes following Google’s acquisition of Fitbit.
Fitbit accounts are being converted to Google accounts, as announced in September last year. As part of the broader integration between the two companies, Fitbit users will still have access to their accounts until 2025. Transferring your Fitbit account to a Google account is a relatively simple process that only takes a few minutes.
Steps to transfer your Fitbit account to an existing Google account
The following steps will guide you through the migration of your Fitbit account to a Google account:
- On your phone, start the Fitbit app and click the gear icon at the top right of the screen.
- Your account will be moved to Google when you see the card. You can move your account by clicking the “Move account” text.
- Afterward, you’ll see an introductory screen that explains the advantages of switching to a Google account. Click “Start”.
- At the bottom of the screen, a small window will appear listing your Google accounts. You will only see one Google account if you only have one. Select the account you want to use if you have multiple accounts.
- This step allows you to review and edit your profile, as well as your health and wellness data, such as height, weight, age, heart rate, sleep, etc.
- Upon viewing your information, click “Manage” and then “Continue”.
- There will be an option here to receive notifications about Fitbit updates and promotions or not. You can disable this option if you do not want to receive unwanted notifications.
- You can also choose whether or not to receive invitations to participate in Fitbit and Google surveys.
- In the next step, Google will explain how it will use the data from your Fitbit. Press “Next”. The subsequent screen will detail all the terms and conditions you must accept to use the Fitbit app or any Fitbit device.
- At the bottom of the page, there will be three circles that you need to click to confirm your consent.
- After that, press “Agree and move” and select “Got it”.
- Your health data will also be used for research and development of new products and services related to health and wellness by Google and Fitbit.
- You can select “I agree” or “No thanks,” depending on how you feel about these companies using your data.
Following these steps, you will be redirected to the Fitbit main screen, where you can see your Google profile photo. Your Google account is ready to add Fitbit devices like the Fitbit Charge 6.
Fitbit functionality will not be affected immediately by migrating to a Google account. There are, however, some changes users can expect in the future, including:
Deeper integration with other Google services like Google Assistant and Google Fit
features and functionality tailored for Fitbit users
Better privacy controls for health and wellness data
Advantages and Disadvantages of Migrating to Google Accounts
There are some advantages and disadvantages to switching to Google accounts.
Ease of use: Google accounts are widely used and easy to understand.
Security: Google has a
Integration: Migrating to Google Accounts will allow Google and Fitbit to integrate their products and services better.
Privacy: Some users may be concerned
Control: Some users mayover how their data is used.
Migrating accounts from Fitbit to Google isstep in integrating these two hope it results in even more exciting health and wellness advancements and innovations for users. Therefore, do not hesitate to make this transition and make the most of the platform can offer.