Tools to Develop Apps on Android List
It is no secret to anyone that, Android is the leading mobile operating system in the world market and thanks to this, it ranks first among mobile device users since it already has more than 2,500 million customers. Even, it is a proposal more used than the same S.O for computers, such as Windows.
In this sense, Android is also considered as which occupies most of the mobile applications market. Taking into account that, currently, it is known that more than one million apps for Android are already downloaded, above iOS. The reason why more and more developers are interested in working with Android applications and bet on them.
However, many do not dominate the Java language perfectly, which is one of the main ones to create apps of this type. But luckily now There are several ideal tools for Android application developers, which allow you to create them without using Java or Android Studio. Next, learn more about this.
What are the most used programming languages in the creation of mobile apps in S.O Android?
But, before starting with the best tools you can use to develop Android apps, it is valuable to keep in mind which are the main programming languages when creating applications in this famous mobile operating system.
So, next we indicate the most used computer programming languages for this:
As we indicated earlier, Java is the language to program most used in Android. Therefore, it is identified as the native language of this operating system and thus, it is distinguished by being very widespread, since it is present in a large number of devices, both on the network and locally.
It is appropriate to highlight that, in addition to allowing you to make applications for the Google system, learning to program in Java also offers you other possibilities such as develop desktop programs and even video games. It should be noted that Java is estimated as un fully robust language, has a Neutral Architecture, offers Object-Oriented Programming and can be used with Android Studio, Netbeans, Eclipse, etc.
It refers to a proposal different from the one mentioned above and is defined as in a web language with development platforms from which it is possible to compile, natively, with the ease provided by the renowned Java language.
This is a more modern or younger programming language, which was developed by Google and since then, it works perfectly with Android and Java. Given that, it is inspired by Java, C ++ and its precedents, so it can be considered as an improved version with powerful features.
Among other details, Kotlin has a much cleaner syntax and allows you to solve a problem by writing less code. Apart from this, said computer programming language stands out for being very concise, it allows you to avoid errors inside the classes of your project or app, it can be used in any Java IDE (especially in Android Studio), it’s relatively simple and also supports Object-Oriented Programming.
Over time, it has been identified as “Java dance couple”, since they can work together and XML is a brand programming language based on tags. In this sense, it allows you to store information and data legibly both for computers, as well as for humans. Which is found natively in the renowned Android Studio program.
It is valuable to refer to that XML is also known as a schematic language. This, because with it you can develop the interfaces that you see in your hands with mobile applications, that is, it makes it easier for you the creation of the elements which will be displayed on the screen of the Android device (buttons, letters, etc.).
List of the best tools for mobile application developers on Android devices
Clarified the above in informative terms, it is time to start with the list in which we detail the main and best tools that exist, today, for the development of mobile apps on Android devices.
From which, These developers can obtain excellent results, as well as greater productivity and efficiency:
At the top of the list, we place the easiest tool of all when developing applications for Android phones and tablets, it is. That way, It is ideal for beginner developers who want to get started in this world, thanks to the fact that it manages to simplify the development of these apps to the maximum and performs the entire process visually.
Once you decide to use this tool, you only need a web browser and a mobile device that operates under Android, it also allows you to use an emulator to test your apps, which you can install in your computer’s operating system. It is appropriate to note that It was created by MIT and after that, was bought by Google.
- It is an extremely simple tool to handle, given that does not require even the slightest knowledge in programming.
- The service is cloud-based And thanks to that, everything you do will be automatically stored, so you can resume your project at any time you want.
- Its operation is based on an operation very similar to joining the pieces of a puzzle.
However, mobile applications that you can create through this system are considered extremely limited.
For its part, thanks to its optimal features, this service It already has more than 20,000 applications developed and more than half a million active developers worldwide. Among its particularities of greatest interest, we find that it enables the treatment of apps interconnected with both software and hardware, thus enabling the use of micro, GPS and camera.
- It offers a very intuitive and simple interface to master, so it is not necessary to be an expert in programming for it.
- All mobile apps developed with this tool allow the most innovative technological advances around the world of applications. Such as augmented reality and geolocation.
- It has excellent cloud services.
- It is multi-platform, since it is available for Android and at the same time, for Blackberry and iOS.
However, at the time of layout, the tool exhibits remarkable complexity. Because it does not have an initial HTML were to enter the controls.
Without a doubt, it is another of the most famous options to create and develop apps for Android. Thus, the official integrated development environment (IDE) of this mobile operating system, which is only aimed at the development of all kinds of mobile applications. Since it adds everything that is required when creating applications truly complete and powerful.
For its part, Android Studio is based on IntelliJ IDEA and presents the ability to support, in a native way, the recognized programming languages Java, XML and Kotlin. This means that it allows you to develop your own apps from any of these languages.
It is valuable to refer to that, This program is perfect for developers looking to create applications in accordance with Google Material Design and with access to all the advanced features of the platform:
- Add full features, as they are: a code editor, an emulator, a compiler, code templates, among others.
- It gives you tutorials in PDF format In order for you to get the most out of the service and if you are a beginner, you can start in the best way in the world of app development.
- It has an optimal file system to organize your project.
But unfortunately, the requirements are a bit high and for that reason, you will have to have a good machine so that the emulator contained there works for you.
- The tool has plugins through which you can get the most out of the native elements of the mobile device. That is, to the camera, GPS, sensors and more, to integrate them into your own application.
- This service can be used directly from your preferred web browser, where you will see all the changes and advances you make to your application in real-time.
Now, detailing its particularities of greatest interest, we highlight that this optimal service uses the TypeScript language, but unlike other frameworks, it is responsible for rendering the graphical user interface through a native rendering engine included in the same platform. Therefore, it does not use an added web page viewer, like other proposals.
- Provides support for development in Angular and Vue, so that supports cross-platform application creation.
- Guarantees great performance, thanks to the fact that the product is native, once compiled.
- Through this tool, you can use the libraries used by the same Android and iOS developers.
But, it’s valuable to note that in NativeScript you cannot reuse a good part of the web code. The reason why, the mechanism to produce the views is not exactly the same, but has a taste more similar to how it is developed in Java for the Android.
Basic 4 Android (B4A)
This is a program developed with the renowned programming language Visual BASIC, which has been characterized as one of the main rivals of the famous Android Studio. Given that, Basic 4 Android emerged as one of the greatest competencies for such software and of course, it is also especially suitable for all Android app developers.
For its part, Basic 4 Android has the particularity of providing a much more graphic and less abstract environment, in order that the developers who use the tool, manage to see the advances in a simpler way while programming.
- It is an ideal alternative for beginners and who are just getting started in the development of mobile apps for Android. This, especially, for its especially graphic environment.
- Generate standard Android applications that can be loaded, without complication, in-app stores like Google Play, Samsung Apps, and Amazon Appstore.
- You accept the creation of all kinds of applications; such as games, databases, connectivity, sensors, and hardware.
However, the lack of support for object orientation In this software.
It’s based on a framework developed by Facebook itself, seeing the great boom that has taken the market of mobile applications, especially those that are aimed at Android. It should be noted that, through this mechanism, the official mobile app of the said social network was programmed in its entirety and also others such as Skype, Instagram, and Uber.
- Since it simplifies the process of developing mobile applications, these can be programmed under a unique code.
- It also allows you to create apps for Apple’s mobile operating system, that is, for iOS.
- Proportional to reusability of the components, this being an excellent function for programmer productivity.
- Sample compatibility with third-party plugins to maximize their capabilities and reveals less memory usage.
- It facilitates the correction of errors, making faster debugging and detection thereof.
Unfortunately, the platform has shown a problem with immaturity. Because, certain problems occurred that, in native development, were trivial, but have become a major problem in React Native.
- iBuild App: Manages a system of predefined templates that enable the creation of complex mobile applications. It is aimed at Android and iOS and is estimated as an ideal solution for beginners.
- Livecode: It offers you the necessary tools to create mobile apps for Android and at the same time, these can be exported to iOS, Windows, and Linux devices.
- Rhomobile Rodes: Supports the development of multiplatform apps. One of its great advantages is that it allows you to include in the app the use of hardware integrated into the mobile device.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you!