The main differences between the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro
Are the new OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro so different? The company’s flagship phones for the first half of 2021 have great features and are sure to sell like hotcakes.
However, both models keep a certain distance between them, which will easily make you wonder Which one should you choose? Do you want to know the answer? These are the main differences between the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro.
OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro specifications comparison
As we mentioned above, the new OnePlus 9 have exceptional hardware. They do not envy anything to any top of the range of the competition (such as the Xiaomi Mi 11 or the OPPO Find X3 Pro), but they also have a very good price for everything they offer. Do you want to see it for yourself? Here are their technical sheets:
|Specifications||OnePlus 9||OnePlus 9 Pro|
|Dimensions and weight||160 x 74.2 x 8.7mm. 192 grams.||163.2 x 73.6 x 8.7 mm. 195 grams.|
|Screen||6.55 ″ Full HD + (2400 x 1080) with Fluid AMOLED flat panel, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 120 Hz refresh rate, HDR10 +, up to 1100 nits of brightness, 402 dpi, and integrated fingerprint sensor.||6.7 ″ QHD + (3120 x 1440) with Fluid AMOLED 2.0 curved panel, 20.1: 9 aspect ratio, LTPO technology, 120 Hz refresh rate, up to 360 Hz touch sample rate, HDR10 +, up to 1300 nits of brightness, 525 dpi and a fingerprint sensor integrated.|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 with Adreno 660 graphic.|
|RAM||8 or 12 GB LPDDR5.|
|Storage||128 or 256 GB in UFS 3.1 format.|
|Rear camera||48 MP triple (Sony IMX689) with f / 1.8 + 50 MP (Sony IMX766) ultra wide-angle with f / 2.2 + 2 MP monochrome. Developed with Hasselblad.||Quadruple 48 MP (Sony IMX789) with f / 1.8 + 50 MP (Sony IMX766) ultra wide angle with f / 2.2 + 8 MP telephoto with 3x optical zoom and f / 1.8 + 2 MP monochrome. Developed with Hasselblad.|
|Frontal camera||16 MP (Sony IMX471) with f / 2.0.|
|Connectivity and extras||Dual-band WiFi 6, Dual SIM 5G, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, Dual GPS, Dolby Atmos stereo speakers, and USB-C 3.1.|
|Drums||4500 mAh with Warp Charge 65T (65 W) fast charging and 15 W wireless.||4500 mAh with Warp Charge 65T (65 W) fast charging and 50 W wireless.|
|Operating system||OxygenOS 11 with Android 11.|
The screens of the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro are not the same, although both are great
- The most notable difference is in screen size and resolution. In the OnePlus 9, it is 6.55 inches with Full HD + resolution and a density of 525 PPI. Meanwhile, the OnePlus 9 Pro has a 6.7-inch diagonal, QHD + resolution, and a density of 402 PPI.
- The OnePlus 9 Pro debuts Fluid AMOLED 2.0 panel with better image quality, more vivid colors, and better brightness (up to 1300 nits). For its part, the OnePlus 9 is left with the Fluid AMOLED panel that you saw on last year’s OnePlus 8T, although it is still fantastic.
- Another difference is in the technology behind the refresh rate of each mobile. They both share a speed of 120 Hz, but the OnePlus 9 Pro has a function called “Smart 120 Hz” It adjusts the frequency based on what you do and can save up to 50% energy.
- The OnePlus 9 Pro has a feature called “Hypertouch” which improves the tactile response up to 360 Hz, while the normal model stays at 240 Hz.
How different are the designs of the OnePlus 9 Pro and OnePlus 9?
- The OnePlus 9 Pro has curved back and front edges, while the standard model is completely flat on the front.
- The standard OnePlus 9 comes with a plastic frame reinforced with fiberglass, while the Pro model has an aluminum frame.
- The OnePlus 9 Pro includes IP68 protection, his younger brother doesn’t.
- The available colors are different, although this is not decisive.
Are the cameras and the charging system of the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro so different?
- The OnePlus 9 Pro has an additional camera compared to the OnePlus 9, an 8 MP Omnivision OV08A10 telephoto lens with f / 2.4, 3.3x optical zoom, and OIS.
- Although they look the same on the rest of the cameras, the main sensor of the OnePlus 9 Pro is a Sony IMX789, while his brother wears the Sony IMX689. The only difference seems to be the size of the sensor (1 / 1.43 ”vs 1 / 1.4”), which is larger in the Pro model, which would give it a bit more quality.
- The OnePlus 9 has 15 W wireless charging, while the OnePlus 9 Pro has 50 W wireless charging.
Which OnePlus 9 should you buy?
Now that you know the differences between the two models, and that you also know that they have the same power, it is worth asking yourself What model to buy?
To be honest, both devices are amazing, but The OnePlus 9 seems like a better buy thanks to its starting price of € 709. Yes, you will not have a QHD + screen with “Smart 120 Hz”, nor 50W wireless charging, but Do you really need that? If the answer is no, then go for the OnePlus 9 and save yourself € 200.
On the other hand, if budget is really not a problem and you want to have the best, then the OnePlus 9 Pro on the head. Also, you will get a slightly more solid design and an additional camera for € 909.