How to Take a Screenshot on the Steam Deck – Step-by-Step
The Steam Deck is a ground-breaking handheld gaming device that lets you play your favorite PC games on the go. Taking a screenshot on the Steam Deck, on the other hand, can be a bit confusing if you’re new to the device. We’ll show you how to take a screenshot of the Steam Deck in a few simple steps in this article.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Take a Screenshot on the Steam Deck
Taking a screenshot on your Steam Deck is simple and easy. Follow the steps below to take a screenshot of your Steam Deck:
- Locate the Steam button. It’s a large oval button on the front of the Steam Deck.
- The R1 button is located on the device’s right shoulder, just above the trigger button.
- To take a screenshot, hold down the R1 and Steam buttons simultaneously.
- You will hear a sound and see a notification at the bottom right-hand side of the screen indicating that a screenshot has been taken.
You should be able to see it after taking the screenshot. What’s the point of taking the screenshot in the first place if you don’t know how to view it? To view screenshots on your Steam Deck, follow these steps:
- Click the Steam button.
- Select the Media option from the menu that appears by scrolling down with the control stick and pressing the A button.
- This will open the Media Gallery, where you can see all of your screenshots.
- To switch between public and private images, press the L1 and R1 buttons.
Copy your Steam Deck screenshots to your computer.
Now that you know how to take and view screenshots on your Steam Deck, you may be wondering how to transfer these screenshots from your Steam Deck to your PC or another device. Here’s how to save Steam Deck screenshots to your computer:
- You must first download and install the Steam app on your PC in order to transfer your screenshots.
- Sign in with your login information once the app has been installed. Return to your Steam Deck, select the Media option, and then press the Steam button.
- Select the screenshot you want to transfer with the control stick and press the A button.
- To open the options menu, select the Options icon (the button with three horizontal lines) in the top-right corner of the screen. Choose whether to make the screenshot public or private before uploading it.
- Return to your PC’s Steam app.
- Now, choose View, followed by Screenshot. Select VIEW ONLINE LIBRARY from the screenshot uploader screen.
- If your screenshot was uploaded as private, choose All Your Screenshots or Your Private Screenshots.
- To download a screenshot, double-click on it to open it in a new window.
- Unfortunately, there is no simple way to save the screenshots to your computer.
- To work around this, right-click the screenshot and select Copy.
- Then, copy the screenshot and paste it into any image editing program, such as Microsoft Paint, by pressing Ctrl + V on your keyboard.
- Now you can save the screenshot to your computer.
- Once you’ve saved the screenshot to your computer, you can share it with your friends and colleagues.
Taking a screenshot on the Steam Deck is a simple process that can be completed with the press of a button. You can capture your favorite gaming moments and share them with others by following our step-by-step guide and tips for taking better screenshots. So, start taking some awesome screenshots on your Steam Deck right now!