The trade war between the United States and China has been a real headache for tech companies. Of all the cases, the most relevant is Google’s veto of Huawei and the impossibility of using its services on the Chinese manufacturer’s devices.
For months there have been multiple solutions to install them, but in general, they maintain a problem: the notifications of many apps do not load. However, We dedicated ourselves to testing different methods and came up with a near-perfect one. We show guide you on how to fix the notification problem on the Huawei P40 and other Honor and Huawei phones without Google services.
Why can’t you see the app notifications on your Huawei or Honor?
Step by step to solve the notification error on the Huawei P40
The method to return the notifications to all the applications of your Huawei is to use IceBox, an app that freezes the Google services framework. When you do this, Google services fail the SafetyNet check, but the notifications work again.
A disadvantage? IceBox disables the Play Store while it is active, but you can always deactivate it and have it again. With this clear, we begin:
- Download all the files you will need to your PC by following this link.
- Download and install Huawei HiSuite on your PC from its official website.
- Install IceBox on your mobile. You can do it directly from the Play Store or using the APK included in the ZIP from step one.
- Uninstall the “G”, “Google Accounts” and Device Info applications.
- Install Minimal ADB on your computer.
- Activate the Developer Options on your Huawei. To do this you must go to the settings of your smartphone, then to “About phone” and press 5 times on the compilation number, or until it says “You are already a developer”.
- Enable USB debugging. In the settings menu go to “System and updates”, then to “Developer options” and look for the corresponding option.
- Connect your mobile to the computer through the USB port.
- Press “Transfer files” in the floating window that appears on your Huawei.
- HiSuite should run on your PC and code should appear on your mobile, it is to accept USB debugging. Check “Always allow on this computer“, confirm and move on.
HiSuite will notify you that it will be installed on your mobile. Just close the window on both your computer and your mobile and that’s it.
Disable the Google Services Framework On Huawei And Get The Notifications From Your Apps Again:
- Launch IceBox on your mobile.
- Press a couple of times on the icon with the yellow arrow to move forward within the app and then select “Simple ADB” from the list. A tutorial may open, if it does, just ignore it and voila.
- Run Minimal ADB on your computer.
- Type in command console: ADB shell
- Press the enter key and if all goes well the message “Success” should appear on the screen.
- IceBox will restart, double click on the arrow again and select “Simple ADB”.
- Press “Apps” in IceBox.
- In the window that opened, go to “System” and press “Got it” so that the system apps can be seen.
- In the list, find the “Google Services Framework” and select it. You can help yourself with the search bar.
- Press “Freeze” and then restart the mobile.
Your mobile should have active notifications again.
As you will see, the process is easy to follow, but it is not perfect. From now on you will be able to access the Play Store app, but you will not be able to do anything within it.
By having the framework of the service frozen, the app does not connect with the Google server, so you will not be able to install or update anything.
But wait, there is more and you can have almost everything working without a problem.
How To Have Notifications From Apps And The PlayStore on Huawei At The Same Time:
you can still have notifications and the Play Store enabled at the same time on your Huawei. How did we do it? Please read carefully.
Enable the Google services framework from the settings menu of your Huawei, not from IceBox. To do it:
- Open the “Settings” menu of your device.
- Go to “Applications” and again to “Applications”.
- Activates the display of system applications.
- Search for “Google Services Framework. “
- Enter and press “Enable”.
Doing so will give you a notification that your device is not certified. It’s a persistent notification, so the best thing to do is swipe left on it, hit the gear icon, and disable it.
From now on, the Play Store, the notifications, and all the apps should work for you without any major problem, but it is still not perfect. Why do we say it? Because there are some details :
- Google Play still does not work, this has no solution at the moment, although other payment apps that use NFC will work.
- The Android Wear app doesn’t work either, and at the moment we don’t have a solution. Consequently, you won’t be able to pay with your watch using Google Pay either.
- Gmail notifications may not work either, but you can fix it. If they don’t, you can uninstall the app and use another email manager like Outlook that you can upload your Google accounts too.
- The Google Maps compass may not work either, but you can also fix it. The GPS location and others will be fine, but you will not be able to see which direction you are going, but don’t worry, there is a solution: Uninstall Google Maps and reinstall it and with that, the compass should work.
That’s all for today, we hope we have helped you with the notifications and that now you can fully enjoy your Huawei. By the way, if you know a better solution to all this, you can gladly leave it in the comment box and we will review it.