This tutorial will teach you how to set up Samsung Gear Fit 2 on Android and iOS phones. Also, see how to pair the watch with your Bluetooth headset. All processes to connect Gear Fit 2 and keep track of all your fitness statistics directly from your management application.
If you have Bluetooth-connected headphones, such as Xiaomi Airdots, or Galaxy Buds, we’ll also show you what to do to connect them to your Samsung fitness wristband so you can listen to the songs you’ve saved to storage inside the bracelet.
Below, check out the complete walkthrough for pairing the Samsung Gear Fit 2 to your devices:
How to connect Samsung Gear Fit 2 to the phone?
The Gear Fit 2 smart band can be connected to Android smartphones or devices such as Apple’s iPhone. In this walkthrough, we will learn how to pair the bracelet using the Galaxy Wearable app (Samsung Gear) which can be downloaded for free from the Play Store or the App Store.
- Start by turning on the smart band. To turn it on, press and hold the Home button for a few seconds (bottom button located on the right side).
- Then activate your phone’s Bluetooth.
Pairing with an Android phone:
- On your android phone, go to the Play Store store and search for the Galaxy Wearable app (Samsung Gear) or click here to download it directly from the app’s official page.
- Tap Install (but don’t open the app yet).
- Turn on the Samsung Gear Fit2 and place it close to your smartphone.
- Then on your phone, open the Samsung Gear app and tap Connect to Gear.
- A screen with the application’s Bluetooth pairing request will open.
- Check that the code (password) displayed on the smartphone is the same as the one displayed on the Gear Fit 2 screen. If so, tap OK to continue.
- Tap Sign In to be able to sync with your Samsung account data. If you don’t have a Samsung account yet, follow the instructions to create one by filling in the necessary details.
- Done, now your bracelet is paired to your phone.
Pairing with an iPhone (iOS):
- Connect the Samsung Gear Fit 2 smart band.
- Now go on your phone, open the App Store and in the search bar above, type the phrase “Samsung Galaxy Fit (Gear Fit)” or go to this link to download from the app’s official page.
- On the first result, tap Get and then Install to download to a device.
- When finished, tap Open to launch the app.
- Tap Connect to Gear.
- Confirm that the password displayed on the phone is the same as displayed on the wristband screen. Then tap OK to proceed.
- Tap Sign In to sync data to an existing Samsung account. If you don’t have one, tap Create an account and follow the instructions.
- That’s it, you’ve connected the Samsung Gear Fit 2 to your iOS phone.
Connecting the Samsung Gear Fit 2 with a Bluetooth Headset
First, put your earbuds or headset into pairing mode. Generally, press and hold the power button for 5-7 seconds after the headphones are turned on. For more information, see your headset manual for more details.
Steps to pair with headphones:
- On the bracelet, press the Home button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Connections.
- Tap the Bluetooth icon to turn it on and select headset ( BT headset ).
- The bracelet will find the headset previously placed in pairing mode.
- Thereafter, the connection process will be done automatically.
- Once completed, the devices will already be paired.
Connecting the Samsung Gear Fit 2 to a Wi-Fi network
Follow the instructions below to connect your Samsung Gear Fit 2 to a Wi-Fi network.
- Press the Home button.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Connections.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the icon with the status of.
- A list of nearby Wi-Fi networks will be displayed.
- Tap the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to. If no available networks automatically appear, tap Check.
- Tap Password and again in Password to open the virtual keyboard.
- Enter the Wi-Fi network password and tap Done.
- Finally, tap Connect to finish.
The confirmation “ Connected successfully ” will appear on the display, indicating that you have completed the procedure correctly.
How to manage watch faces and other features of Samsung Gear Fit 2?
The Gear Fit 2 Plugin is an application used to establish the connection between the Gear Fit 2 and the mobile phone. This app will provide several features to use on the bracelet. You will be able to use settings or management of applications and devices, software updates, and change the watch faces.
If you want to use more features on your Samsung Gear Fit 2, go to this page to download Gear Fit 2 Plugin on your phone. Installation is quick and easy, just follow the instructions on the app’s screen.