How To Configure Secure And Hidden Folder In Google Files
Are you looking for a method or app that allows you to hide photos, videos, or documents on your mobile? If your answer is yes, we have the solution, which one? Use Google Files.
The Google application for managing files within Android mobiles offers a new function that allows anyone to create a secure Folder to hide files simply and quickly.
How to set up the Google Files Hidden and Secure Folder
Setting up the Secure and hidden Folder within the best file manager for Android is extremely simple, don’t you believe us? Look at these steps:
- Within Google Files, you must click on the option that says Explore.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the option that says Secure Folder (a square with a padlock in the middle).
- Enter a four-digit PIN (put a code you remember) and hit the button that says Next.
- Put the same PIN back and click Next again.
- Click on the button Understood, and voila, you will have already configured your secure Google Files Folder.
It is very important that you write down the PIN that you have put in the Secure Folder since if you lose it you will not be able to enter the folder in question again.
How to move files to Google Files hidden and safe folder
You do not need to configure anything else in the new option that Google Files has to create the Safe and hidden Folder since the configuration only consists of performing the steps that we show you in the tutorial above in this paragraph. If you have already done so, you will have to learn how to move files to the Google Files Secure Folder.
If you do not know how to do it, do not worry, follow all these steps that we show you below:
- Within Google Files, you must click on the option that says Explore (located in the lower middle of the screen).
- Enter the category where the files you want to hide in Google Files are located.
- Select the images, videos, or documents that you want to send to the secure and hidden folder of Google Files.
- Once selected, click on the three small dots that are located at the top right of the screen.
- A series of options will be displayed, click on the one that says “Move to Safe Folder”.
- Enter the code you have put in the settings of the Secure Folder of Google Files.
- Within seconds, Google Files will move those photos, videos, or documents you’ve selected to the Secure Folder.
It should be noted that this method is very different from the one that must be performed to be able to hide photos in Google Photos. What’s more, if you want to hide multiple photos and files, we recommend using Google Files, why? Because hiding such files is much simpler and safer.
Without much more to add, if you have problems following some of the steps, or you can’t find the Safe Folder option in Google Files, leave us a message so we can help you.