Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo is a low-end Android smartphone with a QVGA screen 3- inch , 850MHz processor, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage and a 2 megapixel camera with single SIM versions and dual SIM. The Samsung Galaxy Neo Pocket phone is categorized as Budget among all Samsung phones
- Android Operating System
- 3G Connectivity
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Internet connection by Wi-Fi
- Screen touch (touchscreen)
- Plays MP3 music
- Shoot video
- Integrated GPS
- FM Radio
- Supports ringtones
- Customer email
- Instant Messaging
- HTML Web Browser
- Records Office
- Built-in speaker
850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 GT-S5310
850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – GT-S5312 (SIM 1 & SIM 2)
900 / 2100
Dual SIM (Mini-SIM, dual stand-by)
soon. Exp. release 2013, May
x 57.8 x 11.8 mm (4.13 x 2.28 x 0.46 in)
g (3.53 oz)
x 320 pixels, 3.0 inches (~133 ppi pixel density)
up to 32 GB
GB, 512 MB RAM
7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
MP, 1600×1200 pixels
OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
FM radio with RDS, FM recording
with A-GPS support and GLONASS
via Java MIDP emulator
SNS integration- MP4/WMV/H.264 player- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player- Organizer- Image/video editor- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa
– Document viewer
– Voice memo/commands
– Predictive text input
1200 mAh battery
Before you begin:
Rooting the phone will void its warranty. So you may have to install the stock firmware to get back your warranty.
Make a backup of all the important data in your phone including contacts, messages and important applications.
Make sure that your phone has more than 50% of battery.
Install all the required Samsung USB drivers required to connect your mobile with PC. I would suggest you to install KIES 2.0 in your PC which will automatically install all the required drivers.
Lastly don’t forget to enable USB debugging option in your phone. For enabling it, go to:
Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300:
- First of all download the rooting package on your computer and transfer it to your SD card by connecting your phone to computer in USB mass storage mode.
- Now switch off your phone and remove the battery. Put the battery back again and restart it back again into recovery mode.
- For entering into recovery mode, press the Volume Up button, Menu button (center button) and Power key all together simultaneously.
- Once you have booted into recovery mode, choose the option “install zip from SD card” and choose the file that we copied in SD card above. You can use volume key to navigate through the available options.
- Confirm the installation by pressing yes and wait until the process completes.
- Up next, press back key and choose the “reboot system now” option.
That’s it,you have a rooted the Galaxy Pocket in your hand.