You can check this page for various tips to use on your Galaxy A10. In addition, we also put together a list of the main problems and their solutions. This best tricks and troubleshooting guide for your Samsung Galaxy A10. Tips for enhancing notifications, hiding the front display notch, etc.
- Advertisement -
Remembering that this information can also be used on other Samsung Galaxy phones. Just make sure you’re running the latest version of your phone’s operating system before trying them out. To do this, go to “Settings > “Software Updates” and tap “Download and Install”.
Samsung Galaxy A10: tips & tricks
The first thing you want to do when you take your new Galaxy A10 out of the box is to transfer your preferred content, apps, and settings from your old phone as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Transfer files from the old phone to Galaxy A10:
Samsung Smart Switch makes the transition super easy. This free app lets you transfer everything from photos, videos, and documents to your contacts, calendar, Wi-Fi settings, and more. You will be prompted to use Smart Switch when you first boot your Galaxy A10 or you can find it in the Settings menu under Accounts & Backup. For those transitioning from iOS to Samsung, here is a detailed guide.
- Advertisement -
Organizing the mobile home screen:
This tip isn’t just for the Galaxy A10, it’s also a good idea for any new phone. Whatever the season, spring cleaning your apps is a good idea. Perform a quick audit to determine which apps you use regularly, which you use occasionally, and which you never use or are redundant.
Place frequently used apps on the main home screen and other key areas for quicker access. Group other apps on the following screens based on when and how you use them or bundle them all together in one folder. Then clean up space by uninstalling unused apps – you can always re-download them later.
Hidden features and options:
If you’re switching to the Samsung Galaxy A10, you might find that some of the features and options are hidden in obscure corners. Even if you’re used to Samsung phones, the menus can occasionally be confusing.
- Advertisement -
The good news is that you don’t have to dig; you can just search for what you need using Finder. Pull down Notification Shade, tap the Magnifying glass icon, and type what you are looking for in the search bar. It usually works very well. If you tap the “Three Vertical Dots” on the right, you can also adjust what Finder shows and exclude certain apps from searches.
Customizing Quick Settings:
When you pull down Notification Shade, you get easy access to your quick settings, but you don’t have to live with the default programming. Tap Three Vertical Dots in the top right corner and then Button Order, and you can choose what to include and position it exactly where you want it, which can be a real-time indicator. You can also make changes to the button grid (to change the layout) and the status bar here. We recommend turning on Battery Percentage in the Status Bar.
Customizing the Applications Screen:
You can swipe up from the bottom to open the app tray, but you don’t have to accept the default layout. Tap “Three vertical dots” on the top right corner, you can sort app icons and access home screen settings. If you’d rather not have a separate app drawer, tap “Home Screen Layout” and switch it to “Home Screen Only”.
How to use preview in popups?
A pop-up preview is a smart option that allows certain apps to appear on top of others, like Facebook Messenger. You can find it under Settings > Advanced Features > Smart Popup Preview. This works well in messaging apps, but also in apps that support switchable windows. When a new message arrives, you’ll see a round pop-up icon that you can tap to open a windowed version of the messaging app.
How to hide your confidential files?
Everyone has the odd photo they’d rather keep private, a sensitive file they don’t want others to see, or a game or app they’re ashamed of. Samsung lets you hide your embarrassment with Secure Folder. To use it, just drag down the Notification Shade and tap on the Secure Folder icon. You’ll need to agree to the terms and set up a Samsung account (if you haven’t already), but after that, you have a secure folder that you can only access with your PIN, password, pattern, or fingerprint. You can add individual apps or files, and even hide the Secure Folder via Settings > Biometrics & Security > Secure Folder > Hide Secure Folder > OK. Once hidden, you can only access it by tapping the icon at the bottom of the screen in Settings > Biometrics & Security >
How to customize the sound?
Our hearing changes as we age and we all hear a little differently, so it’s a good idea to take advantage of Samsung’s sound customization options. Go to Settings > Sounds & Vibrations > Advanced Sound Settings to decide when you want Dolby Atmos and tinker with the equalizer. You should also tap “Adapte sound” and choose an age range or set up a custom profile adapted to your ears.
How to take a screenshot?
The default method to take a screenshot on a Samsung phone is to press the Power button and Volume down button simultaneously. This should work flawlessly on the Galaxy A10 as well. But you can take a screenshot with a swipe gesture on the screen.
You’ll find this option under Settings > Advanced Features > Motions & Gestures > Palm Swipe to Capture. By default, you’ll also find that screenshots open an edit menu at the bottom and you can tap there to instantly edit your new screenshots, but if it’s something you never use you can also turn it off via Settings > Advanced Features > Smart Capture.
How to hide the front camera (front screen notch )?
If you don’t like seeing the front camera, there is a solution. We recommend picking up a creative wallpaper that accommodates the front-facing camera lens. There is also another, less elegant way to hide the hole-punch camera on your Galaxy A10. Go to Settings > Display > Full-Screen Apps and toggle the setting to “Hide Front Camera”.
Samsung Galaxy A10: Troubleshooting
Before contacting Samsung Call Center, please try the following solutions. Some situations may not apply to your device. You can also use Samsung Members to resolve any issues you encounter while using your Galaxy A10.
The cell phone does not want to call:
When the battery is completely discharged, your device will not turn on. Charge the
battery fully before turning on the device.
Cell phone turns off by itself:
This issue is common on most Android phones. If this issue arises, consider the following steps.
- First of all, if you encounter this issue, you can take care of the heating issue as well.
- Like if your phone temperature rises to the maximum level then you might face this issue.
- Second, charge the phone fully and let the battery drain until the phone completely shuts down on its own.
- Finally, you can perform a factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy A10.
- Do not restore the backup later, instead manually restore your data.
If you follow the above steps and still encounter a sudden shutdown, then it’s time to head to the service center.
Fixing the heating issue :
If your Galaxy A10 is raising its temperature causing severe heating then you need to take the following precautions first
- Don’t let your phone charge for too long. When fully charged, pull out the plug.
- Make sure you don’t use your phone while it’s charging. Using a Samsung Galaxy A10 phone for a long time while charging can lead to heating issues.
- Next, playing for too long could be the main reason for the heating issue. You can take a break.
- Finally, make sure to disable mobile data, and GPS while on call. On-duty needs continuous power and various smartphone services that can lead to heating issues on Samsung Galaxy A10.
The above steps will ensure your phone is well within the temperature line. But if the problem continues then you might want to go to the service center or your phone is naturally hot.
Improving battery life:
If you are one of the few Samsung Galaxy A10 phone customers who are experiencing battery issues. the following steps will ensure that you are not the one causing battery issues on your phone.
- First of all, remove the third-party app that claims to be a phone cleaner or battery saver. If you installed any.
- Then go to settings and enable the power saving option. The battery saver provided in Samsung Galaxy A10 by the manufacturer will really work.
- To disable location services when not in need.
- Also, use mobile data networks on android phones only when necessary. It drains your battery very quickly.
- Finally, uninstalling apps like Facebook requires a lot of background services to run. So kill your Samsung Galaxy A10 battery life too soon.
Follow the steps above and you’re good to go. Also, the problem arises on your Android phone, so you might want to go to the service provider.
The battery does not charge properly:
- Make sure the charger is connected correctly.
- Visit a Samsung Authorized Service Center to change the battery.
Battery life is shorter than the first few days of use:
- When you expose the battery to very low or very high temperatures, the useful charge may decrease.
- Battery consumption increases when you use certain functions or applications such as GPS, games, or the internet.
- The battery is consumable and the payload will be less over time.
Fixing “Lag ” issues:
Though the company claims to be one of the faster phones than the previous generation, still you might find some lagging experience on your phone.
- First of all, if you installed a third-party App, consider removing it.
- Then do a reboot. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy A10 and restart it again.
- Also, if the issue still arises then you will need to perform a factory reset.
- Go to Settings> Backup & Reset > Factory Reset Your Phone. Make sure to back it up.
- Also, if the UI delay never occurs, then you can go to the service center and ask them to reinstall the operating system.
If still for some reason the lag persists on your Samsung Galaxy A10 then consider it a software glitch. You might have to wait for the next OTA update from the company.
Phone crashing and screen freezing:
If your phone is freezing the screen while performing a task, try the following solutions.
Restart your phone: If your device freezes or hangs, you will need to close apps or restart your phone.
Force restart: If your phone is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys for more than 7 seconds to restart.
Reset device: If the above methods do not solve your problem, perform a factory reset. Before performing a factory reset, remember to back up all important data stored on the device.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Tap “General Management”.
- Tap “Restore”.
- Tap on “Restore factory default”.
- Tap “Reset”.
- Tap “Delete All”.
If the problem persists, contact Samsung Authorized Service.
Error status when downloading apps from the Play Store :
This is one of the common problems among Android users. Follow the steps below.
- First, go to settings on Samsung Galaxy A10 and clear Play Store app data.
- Then clear your local search history in the Play Store app.
This should resolve your issue. If you have any other play store related issues, let me know in the comments section below. I’ll be happy to help you.
Application taking a long time to open:
If your phone’s apps are opening apps slower than they used to, follow the steps below.
- First, some apps by nature open slowly, like games and large graphics-intensive apps like Youtube. That should be fine.
- If all the apps are opening slowly on your Samsung Galaxy A10, you will need to restart your device, so that the services can work again.
- Finally, go and clean your Samsung Galaxy A10 and start with a new device.
If you are one of the few who are experiencing this issue, then resolve the issue by following the steps below.
- First, go to Samsung Galaxy A10 apps setting > click on the app that is crashing frequently and clear its data.
- Second, uninstall the app and install it again from the play store.
- Update the app from the play store.
That should probably solve your problem. If the issue is still there, please post a comment below describing your issue.
Fixing Bluetooth issues :
Bluetooth issues may occur from time to time while connecting with other devices. Follow the steps below.
- First, check for new updates.
- Second, make sure your device is discoverable to other devices and vice versa.
- Finally, try turning Bluetooth on and off a few times on Samsung Galaxy A10
If that didn’t fix your phone’s Bluetooth problem, try the tips below:
If another Bluetooth device is not found, there are connection issues or performance failures, make sure the device you want to connect is ready to be searched or connected. Make sure your device and the other Bluetooth device are within the maximum Bluetooth range (10 m).
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Connections
- Tap the Bluetooth option to reactivate.
Important! You may lose registered information when restoring.
- Go to the Config app.
- Tap General Management.
- Tap Restore
- Tap Reset network settings
- Tap Reset settings
- Tap Reset to reset network settings.
If the above tips do not solve the problem, contact a Samsung Authorized Service Centre.
Touch stopped working: here’s how to fix
Your mobile screen is broken or stopped working and you want to access data. Do the following.
- Connect your phone to a computer or laptop via a USB C cable.
- You can access your PC data.
- If you want to use some apps on Samsung Galaxy A10, get an OTG cable and a wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Connect the OTG cable to the phone and connect the wireless receiver to the cable.
- You can access your phone like a computer.
The above will help you access your Samsung Galaxy A10 even if your ringtone is not working.
- If you attach a protective cover or optional accessories to the touchscreen, it may not work properly.
- If you are wearing gloves, if your hands are not clean when touching the screen, or if you touch the screen with sharp objects or your fingertips, the touchscreen may malfunction.
- The touchscreen may malfunction when exposed to wet conditions or water.
- Restart your device to clear temporary software errors.
- Make sure your device is updated with the latest software version.
- If the screen is scratched or damaged, take your device to a Samsung Authorized Service Centre.
Troubleshooting Mobile Wi-Fi:
If your phone is experiencing low range or wifi issues, please follow the following steps.
- First, check your router or modem. Try resetting your settings.
- Make sure there are no obstacles in front of the router.
- Also, turn on airplane mode for 1 minute and turn it off again on Samsung Galaxy A10.
If the above steps didn’t work for you then try connecting your phone to a different WiFi connection and see if it’s the same or not. You can show your phone to the service center for any malfunctions.
Fix mobile data network issues:
If your phone is not getting the proper signal or the mobile data network is not working as it used to before, try the steps below.
- First, take out your SIM card and put it back in.
- Turn on Airplane mode for 30 seconds and turn it off.
- Adjust network settings in the Samsung Galaxy A10 settings menu.
- Finally, go to the service provider and have them do the rest.
If you are experiencing any more network-related issues, follow the recommendations below:
When you are in areas with weak signals or poor reception, you may lose signal reception. Go to another area and try again. When moving, error messages may appear repeatedly. You may not be able to access some options without a data plan. For details, contact your service provider.