How To Unlock S-TELL P771 Bootloader
If you own S-TELL P771 and now you want to unlock your S-TELL P771 Bootloader then Here I have made a step by step guide on how to unlock a bootloader on S-TELL P771. Many of the Android phone companies nowadays lock the bootloader, so as to limit the change of the stock firmware or software that is pre-installed on the Android phone regardless of Mediatek chipset based or other.
What is S-TELL P771 Bootloader:
A bootloader is a software code that runs when an Android phone is powered up, whose job is to load the boot image then the rest of the software will be loaded by the boot image.
So, when you are powering up the S-TELL P771 or entering into recovery mode, there is a boot kernel that is loaded by the bootloader to memory to execute. The bootloader is locked to make sure the bootable image always remains the same and cannot be altered.
To be able to alter or modify the bootable image to be loaded by the bootloader, you need to unlock the bootloader.
The Advantage of S-TELL P771 Bootloader Unlock
once unlocking the bootloader, you might be able to flash or put in any bootable image you would like to.
But still, it can be hard. You cannot simply install anything in it.
Each Android phone includes a recovery mode that is generally used to restore the Android phone if the phone software went bad and to reset the phone to factory setting etc.
In order to alter the stock Android software or to install another Android Custom ROM to your Mediatek phone, you have to initially install a custom recovery image.
TWRP is a superb custom recovery designed for many or nearly all Android phones out there.
After installing the TWRP recovery in your Mediatek phone you are able to ROOT your phone, install LineageOS, or any other custom ROM you can also install mods, and so on. I think you clear the reason why we have to unlock the bootloader on Mediatek phone or any type of Android phone. Otherwise, you can always reply to this Article for those who have any kind of question with this.
Pre-requirements to Install S-TELL P771 Firmware:
- Supported Phone: S-TELL P771
- Charge your mobile: You may no less than a half charge.
- Laptop or PC: To execute this installation, you must use a PC or Laptop.
Take Phone Backup:
- Backup your Call Log – Contacts – Sms – Etc With G Backup
- Backup your current S-TELL P771 Firmware With MTK Droid Tool
- Backup your backup S-TELL P771 IMEI NVRAM
S-TELL P771 And Drivers:
- S-TELL P771 VCOM driver: Get VCOM Driver and set up on your pc (still works with MT67xx phones)
- Windows 10/Pro users: READ: How To Install MTK USB Vcom Driver On Windows 10 (32 & 64 bits)
- Please Read and understand the Full Guide Before Unlocking S-TELL P771 Bootloader.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We will not be responsible for everything that happens to you or your device, resulting from the use of information in this guide.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your device are installed on the computer.
- Your smartphone must have a 70–80% charge.
- Make a backup copy of important data such as call logs, SMS, and other data, it is to if something goes wrong, your data is not affected.
Instructions To Unlock S-TELL P771 Bootloader
- Make sure you have already installed ADB and fastboot utilities on your PC.
- You have installed USB drivers for your S-TELL P771.
Step 1. Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options, to make the device accessible via ADB.
Step 2. Open the command console on your PC. To open a command window in the current directory in Windows, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows Explorer, or some folder.
Step 3. Now connect your Android to the PC using a USB cable.
Step 4. Enter the following command on the command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your Android into bootloader mode where you can unlock the bootloader
Note: If your Android device asks permission such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
Step 5: Execute the following fastboot command from the bootloader mode to know the bootloader unlock status:
- If you see a device Id in the output then your phone is accessible via fastboot.
- If not check if you have proper drivers installed or not.
- you may uninstall and re-install the USB drivers for your device and try again.
Step 7: Then execute the following fastboot command to unlock the bootloader:
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flashing unlock
If you are having trouble following this guide, then reply here. I will address all your queries as far as possible.