Below you will discover how to root the Galaxy S20 SM-G980F/DS using Magisk, and how to install Magisk Manager. Before you go forward with the tutorial on how to Root Galaxy S20 SM-G980F/DS , please read all of the warnings below. Do not proceed if you do not want KNOX to be triggered or if you do not want your data to be erased.
How To Root Galaxy S20 SM-G980F/DS using Magisk and Odin Tool:
One of the most significant reasons for having Android is how easy to customize and flexible it is. Android enables you to use it how you want to, whether changing the launcher or making a host of unique automatic features with Tasker.
The Advantages Of Root:
- Installation of custom ROMs
- Removing pre-installed OEM apps
- Ad-blocking for all apps
- Installing incompatible apps
- More display options and internal storage
- Greater battery life and speed
- Making full device backups
- CPU Clocking and more tweaking
Disadvantages of Root:
- It can brick your device
- No more warranty
- Tweaking risks
- Update and OTA problems
Before the process, you should complete all things.
- Make 80% over battery charge
- You should backup your important files
- Remove all screen locks and google accounts from the phone
- Installed Samsung USB driver on your pc
- Download the latest Odin tool
- Download 7-Zip
- Download LZ4
After downloading all files and making a backup of your phone. now you have to install Samsung drivers and extract the Odin tool. now we have the following task Enable USB debugging, OEM unlocking, and unlocking Galaxy S20 SM-G980F/DS bootloader.
- Go to Settings on your Samsung Phones.
- Scroll down and select Developer options.
- Toggle ON the OEM unlocking option.
After turning on OEM unlock your phone factory reset and reboot. You need to wait a few minutes to start after starting the setup of your phone.
Unlock Galaxy S20 SM-G980F/DS bootloader:
You will now get a confirmation message, use the Volume Up button to reply to the affirmation. The process will now begin and should be completed within a few seconds. Your device should then automatically boot up.
How To Root Galaxy S20 SM-G980F/DS
Extract the Downloaded LZ4 File that we downloaded from the Prerequisites section. Extract the Galaxy S20 SM-G980F/DS firmware package. (skip this step if you have Galaxy S20 SM-G980F/DS boot file.)
Now you have boot.img file then follows the below Steps.[quads id=2]
Preparing Patched Boot Image file
- Open the extracted firmware folder and again Extract the AP firmware file.
- Copy boot.img.lz4 to LZ4 Installed folder.
- Open the lz4 extracted folder
- Drag the boot.img.lz4 file to the lz4.exe program
- This step converts the file to .img format.
If you follow all the above steps then we have boot.img file and ready to patch this file with magisk.
Patch the boot.img File with Magisk App
- Download and install Magisk App on your phone.
- Open the Magisk App.
- Tap on the INSTALL button.
- Then Select and Patch a File.
- Choose the Boot.IMG File
- Once the file is selected, tap on LET’S GO.
- The patched file can be found in the Downloads folder.
- Copy the magisk patched.img file to your PC and connect your phone.
Convert.IMG File to .TAR (For ODIN)
- Install 1st 7zip software on your PC.
- Select magisk_patched.img and right-click mouse and point to 7zip > Add to archive
- Select Archive format tar and click OK.
Finally, we build the magisk-patched.tar file for ODIN (AP)
Flash Magisk_Patched.tar using Odin flash tool
- un Odin3.exe file.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 device to a PC/Laptop.
- You will see ID:COM section light up blue. It means the port is working.
- In AP: Select the Magisk Patched AP firmware file (magisk_patched.tar)
For the Latest Samsung phone select all files in the below Sequence.
- BL: Select the firmware file starting BL.
- AP: Select the Magisk Patched AP firmware file (magisk_patched.tar)
- CP: Select the firmware file starting CP.
- CSC: Select the firmware file starting HOME_CSC.
Once done, click Start to begin the flashing process. The first boot will take some time.
Your Galaxy S20 SM-G980F/DS phone will be successfully rooted if you complete all the steps. If there is a problem with the next step, you can comment below and I’ll help. if you want to remove root access to your phone or install Galaxy S20 SM-G980F/DS stock Firmware then follow this guide.