Last year, businesses had to definitely adapt to the digital world. All the companies began their entry into social networks and search engines to stay active, despite the problems imposed by the confinement. Those that have surely not only have not lost customers but could have benefited their business.
Marketing applied to new technologies is the future of all businesses and anyone who does not know it is still destined to go bankrupt. That is why if you have not started the online positioning of your company, you should do it by putting the location of your store or business on Google Maps.
Who wouldn’t like to see your business on Google’s online mapping service? Don’t know how to do it? Well, keep reading the article, because we will explain in detail how to put your business on Google Maps.
Why do you need to have your business on Google Maps?
It seems like a silly question, but many people are misinformed about this issue and ignore the importance of good web positioning.
Imagine this: your services have been recommended to a potential client. That potential client will do something logical these days: they will go to their smartphone to search for your company on Google. Can you imagine the disappointment that the client will have when they cannot find you on the web? You lost that prospective buyer over a free and basic matter!
If your business is on Google Maps, it will increase its visibility and it is an obligation for any company in these times. This application will help you to make yourself known in a massive way. Remember that businesses that have their information organized in Maps generate a lot of trust in their potential customers, something vital if you want to generate more sales.
In addition, Google’s online maps service already has more than 1,000 million users worldwide, a surprising number that will convince you to put the address of your business in the most used search engine in the world.
What information about your company will Google provide to your customers?
This web map app has been improving the information it offers to its users, to the point that it already shows the sidewalks and pedestrian crossings in your city.
Regarding the business information that people put on Maps, the app offers basic data that every potential client wants to know:
- The exact address of the premises and how to get there.
- Customer service hours (which you can modify and change for designated days).
- The telephone numbers by which users can contact you.
- Photos of your business premises, to demonstrate professionalism.
- The reviews and opinions of clients who have already passed through your business.
- You can write a short review of what you have to offer or, better yet, link to your website.
As you have realized, Google Maps is the best way to give users a lot of information about your business quickly and easily. And they will even find it when they ask the Google assistant for a certain business in an area (if it is yours).
Complete guide to put the address of your business in Google Maps
To register the location of your business in Maps, you just have to follow these simple steps that you will see below:
Step 1) Register your business in Google My Business
My Business is a service created for you to manage all the information related to your business through Google. With this tool, you are going to make your business appear on Google Maps and Google.
Registering is very easy and will take a few minutes. To do this you must:
- Enter ” Google My Business “.
- Click on the “Manage now” button.
- There you will enter a screen that will ask you to access your Gmail account. Make sure that the email you register to manage your business with Google My Business is used only for this purpose. It is not recommended to register emails for personal use in this tool.
- After logging in to your Gmail, a new screen will appear in which you will enter the “Add your company to Google” box.
Step 2) Fill in the My Business form
After the previous step, a form will open in which you will have to start offering information about your company. Make sure that all the information you provide is correct, to avoid problems in the verification of the business.
To fill in the form correctly, do this:
- Write your company name in the box.
- In the next section, you must put the category that best describes your business. Google offers a very large number of default options in case you do not have this clear information.
- Now a new page will appear in which you will be asked if you want to add a location. Click the “Yes” option to start locating your business on Google.
Step 3) Provide an address for your clients to locate the company or business
You almost have your business on Google! After that form with basic information, the following will appear:
- A tab will open in which you will be asked for this information to define your location: country, address, postal code, and city.
- Is your company in a very crowded place, where there are many businesses? Well, surely a tab will appear where they ask you if some of the options given by the form is your company. As this is not the case, check the option “None of the options matches the company. “
- Now Google is going to ask you to locate the company with a red dot on Maps. Remember to do it exactly, so that the application gives the exact address to users when they request how to get to the business.
- Finally, clarify if you offer services outside of this location by checking the “Yes” or “No” boxes.
Step 4) Provide additional information, contact numbers of your company and verify the business
At this point, Google My Business will ask you for contact information that you must provide in order for your business to show up in Maps:
- After finishing the previous step, Google will ask you to provide additional information for your customers to contact you. Here they ask for a phone number or the URL of your website.
- Now the verification method will appear by which you will confirm that the company registered in Google belongs to you. In case you are still not sure, check the “Verify later” box. Do not forget to do this process as quickly as possible, since it is necessary to appear on Google Maps. You can verify it with a code that will arrive by letter or by phone (if the company already appeared in Maps).
- At this point, you have to add the customer service hours that your business handles.
- You also have the possibility to add a company description in 750 words that tell what your company is engaged.
Step 5) Add images of your business, an update on COVID-19, and finish the process
In the last step of this guide, you will have to do this:
- Google will give you the option to insert images of your business. Make sure they are original and of high quality, as they will be the first impression that customers of your place will have. To insert the images, click on the “Add photos” button.
- Finally, you will get a page that confirms that your business profile is almost ready. The process is almost over! Here select the option “Continue” to finalize the last details.
- In the new tab that the search engine will bring up, it is recommended that you select the option “Post an update on Covid-19”. There you can clarify to your clients how your company has changed because of the confinement. This will eventually disappear but during 2021 it will surely remain in force.
- On this page, you will see that most of the aggregates that you can manage require verification from the company. We recommend you start this process instantly, in order to have the business ready for your digital clients.
And this is how you can put your business on Google Maps! You may consider it to be a complex process, but remember that the benefits it will bring to your company are very relevant.