The Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A receive Android 10 stably In addition to MIUI 12, Xiaomi continues to carry Android 10 apart from its lower-end smartphones. An example of this is the Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A, two devices that can already boast of having the latest Google system in its Global version.
In detail, Android 10 reaches the Redmi 8 based for now on MIUI 11. Its update has the numbering V220.127.116.11.QCNMIXM, occupies a total of 1.9GB and brings with it certain improvements that increase the performance of the system itself.
For its part, the Redmi 8A does the same, updating to Android 10 but keeping MIUI 11 as a customization layer. Its number is V18.104.22.168.QCPMIXM and it has a total size of 1.7GB.
As its nomenclature indicates, in both cases it is a Global version (MI), so if our Redmi 8 or Redmi 8A has the MIUI European ROM (EEA) it will be necessary to wait a few more days until Xiaomi releases it.
As always, before updating, we recommend making a backup copy of the most important documents and also having at least a 50% load at the time of starting the system update.
Pre-requirements to Install Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A Android 10 Firmware:
- Supported Phone: Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A Android 10 Firmware
- Charge your mobile: You may no less than a half charge.
- Laptop or PC: To execute this installation, you must use a PC or Laptop.
1. Take Full Backup
Before going to install stock ROM you need to take a backup of all your messages, photos, and apps from your smartphone.
Most smartphones automatically make a backup in the background. But to make sure you take everything to your new device, you need a full backup.
2. Download Flash Tool And Drivers And Install:
A. Download and install Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A Drivers. The necessary communication between your device and PC.
These drivers are mainly for the devices powered by LG. With these drivers, you can transfer files, flash the firmware files on the device, etc.
Download the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool Latest Version and extract it (Install)
Instructions to Flash Stock Firmware:
1. Turn Off your Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A.
2. Now, you need to boot your phone into the Download Mode (fastboot mode). To boot into the download mode: Press and Hold Power + Volume Down button for 6-8 seconds.
3. Once you have booted into the Download Mode, you will be able to see this screen on your device.
4. Now, Connect your phone to the Computer using the USB cable.
5. Now, Open Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool from Start Menu.
6. Once Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool is launched you will be able to see this screen.
7. Now, Click on the Select Button and locate the Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A Android 10 Firmware Folder.
8. Now, Click on Flash Button to begin the Flashing Process.
9. Once the flashing process is completed, you will be able to see the Success Message in Xiaomi Flash Tool.
That’s it! You have successfully installed ROM on your Xiaomi smartphone using Mi Flash Tool. If you have any doubts while using the Mi Flash Tool, do let us know in the below comments.
How To Flash Recovery ROM
1. Download the MIUI recovery ROM. And Save the zip file on your phone’s internal memory.
2. Open updater app on your phone – Select the three dots from the top corner and choose the update package. Browse through the files and select the package ending with .zip extension.
3. After verifying the package and your permissions, it will ask you to reboot the device.
How To Flash Fastboot ROM
1. Download the Latest MIUI Fastboot ROM for your Phone here and unzip the folder on your desktop.
2. Now download the ADB drivers and Mi Flash tool on your windows from the above mention links.
3. Open the MI Flash tool on your desktop and boot your phone into fastboot mode. To do this first turn off your phone and Hold down the Volume Down button + Power button for few seconds.
4. Now your Xiaomi phone will boot in the fastboot mode and you will see the MI Bunny on the screen of your phone.
Once your phone in fastboot mode, connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable.
5. Next, go to the MI flashing tool and tap on the Refresh button to see the connected devices.
6. Now go the Extracted MIUI Fastboot folder and copy the path of the folder.
7. Now go back to the Flash tool and paste that path in the “Select” Option.
8. Now at the right bottom of your MI flash tool, you will see three options “clean all”, “save user data” and “clean all and lock”.
From here check the Clean all option. If you don’t want to Delete Data from your phone then chose the “save user data” option, in case if you want to Lock the bootloader of your phone then choose the “Clean all and Lock” option.
9. Now Tap on ‘Flash’ at the top right to start the flashing process.
Now this will flash the Fastboot MIUI ROM on your phone. Once complete you will see the “Success” message on the screen, And your phone will reboot.
- Please read and understand the Full Guide before flashing “Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A Android 10 Firmware“.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We will not be responsible for everything that happens to your device, resulting from the use of information in this guide.
- Before flashing, Stock ROM must have a 70–80% charge.