Did you delete files saved on your mobile from Google Files? Thanks to the latest update received by Google’s file management application, you will be able to recover any deleted file simply and in a matter of seconds.
Google Files now allows you to recover deleted files
Although this function had never been present in the Google Files app, using it might not be as “easy” as it sounds. There are certain rules that must be kept in mind when recovering a deleted file in Google File, what kind of rules? The ones we mention below:
- Only files that were deleted 30 days ago or less can be recovered.
- The function called “Recycle Bin” must be activated (it is activated by updating the app).
If you deleted files more than 30 days ago, Google Files will delete those files from the recycle bin automatically, what does this mean? That you will have to use an application to recover files.
How to recover deleted files in Google Files?
Before we show you all the steps you must take, it is important that you have the latest version of Google Files installed on your mobile.
If you have never updated it, you will have to enter the Google Play Store to be able to update the app manually on your mobile.
- Open the Google Files application that you have installed on your mobile device.
- Once the app is open, you will have to click on the three lines that are located in the upper left part of the screen.
- A menu will be displayed on the side with several options. Enter the option that says “Trash.”
- Select the files that you have deleted and that you want to recover.
- Once selected, hit the button that says “Reset.”
- Click on the message that says “Reset files.”
- Google Files will restore all the files you have deleted. The recovery time will depend on the number of files you have restored.
Without much more to add in this regard, it is necessary to clarify that this tutorial also works in the lite version of Google Files: