Today, Blu-Ray movies have become one of the most famous for lovers of the cinematographic world. This, mainly, because the Blu-Ray is an optical disk format that exhibits a large storage capacity and for that reason, is used for clip playback. in high definition.
In this sense, the viewing experience guaranteed by Blu-Ray movies is truly magnificent. Since, they offer a crystalline quality And thanks to that, users who view such content can enjoy every scene of the movie to the fullest.
That is why, many users wonder if it is possible to play Blu-Ray discs and movies on your computer and, fortunately, if it is feasible in both Windows and Mac. Therefore, in this post, we will let you know every step to follow to Watch your movies in 1080p HD resolution and, also, we will detail the best players available for that.
What hardware and software does my computer need to read Blu-ray discs?
But, before specifying the procedures to execute to play Blu-Ray discs and movies directly from your computer, it is essential to know that said team requires to read the disks of such format Without any problem or limitation.
Taking into account that, mainly, you need a part of hardware and another of software, which are:
It is a kind of device that contains the same computer, which integrates within itself a blue laser beam emitter. This, to be able to read the data that are recorded on a CD, DVD and of course on the DB or Blu-Ray. So, once you read these contained data, this same unit will be in charge of sending them through a cable towards the main card so that in that way be processed.
On the other hand, it is important to know both the internal parts and also the external parts that a Blu-Ray reader contains and then, we detail each one of them:
- Tray and cover: It allows you to support the inserted disc and place it correctly so that it can be read by the internal laser.
- Indicator: Refers to an LED that turns on when the disk drive is running.
- Rear panel: It is the one that integrates the SATA connectors for power and data. Which are 15 and 7 terminals, respectively?
- Eject button: Manually, it offers the possibility of placing or removing the Blu-Ray disc.
- Cover: It is the one that protects the internal mechanism and also its circuits.
- Spindle and motor: Of course, it refers to the place where the disc is attached to start spinning or to play.
- Rail: Basically, this is responsible for moving the blue laser horizontally.
- Engine: It can move the laser track.
- Head, chief, engine head: It is the one that integrates the laser named above, which has the function of reading the data of the inserted disc.
- Tray: Internal and external parts at the same time, which has a space allocated for the size of the discs to be played.
Blu-ray player software
In addition to making sure that your PC or Mac contains a Blu-Ray reader, it is also important to make sure you have a software or program installed capable of reproducing this format. Otherwise, you must select and download such a solution to be able to play the contents of the disc on your Windows or Mac computer.
Usually, this software has several extra functions and among the most important, we highlight that they can Play countless video clip formats without having to install any codec. Besides, they support audio playback without data loss and can even support subtitles and speed changes, some of them.
Steps to watch Blu-ray movies from your Windows or macOS computer
Now, clarifying the above and before detailing some of the main programs that can play BD movies, it is worth knowing What are the main procedures to follow to see this content directly from your Windows or macOS computer?.
So, below, we indicate the necessary step-by-step steps to execute:
Before explaining the procedure to be carried out on a Windows 10 computer to play Blu-Ray movies, it is important to note that in case your laptop does not have a built-in unit to play this format, that is, a Blu-reader Ray; it will be necessary get a disk drive or “Disk Drive”.
Since, currently, many PCs and laptops, especially; are not distributed with a DVD drive for space and cost savings. So, it will be necessary to resort to the solutions of many manufacturers that create a variety of external and complementary optical units, which can be adjusted to the users pocket by the different shapes and sizes available.
Now, let’s start with the steps to perform to play Blu-Ray discs on a PC:
- Once you have your disk drive at hand to play discs of this time, you must proceed to download a software known as “VLC Media Player” This is one of the best solutions for Windows when playing a DVD or Blu-Ray. Which is free.
- Later, when you get the application from its official website and install it as you would with any other program in W10, you will have to make sure that your external unit is connected and place the Blu-ray disc there.
- With the above, VLC Media Player will detect the disk, automatically and for this, start playback. Just as if you were watching the movie from a Blu-Ray device connected to the television.
On the other hand, in case the program in question does not detect the disk, it will be necessary to go to the section of “Media” of the software and access “Open disk”. Then, choose the unit from the drop-down menu, click on “Play” and ready.
On Mac OS
As in the previous case, MacOS computers may also be necessary to connect a Blu-Ray drive to the computer using a USB cable. Of course, if it is a MacBook that does not contain the drive inside it.
- The first step to be done will be to connect the BD drive to your macOS computer and after that, download a software known as “Blu-Ray VideoSolo Player” which is one of the most professional options for this, since it guarantees sound and image quality without loss and It’s free.
- Once you install this program on the computer, proceed to insert the Blu-Ray movie disc on the connected unit and start the VideoSolo player. Given that, it does not detect the disk automatically.
- Then, within that software, click on the button that indicates “Open disk” to load data from it to the computer.
- After a few seconds, the main menu will open and there, you can select the chapter, audios, and subtitles you prefer to enjoy your movie. But, if you prefer to see it directly, just press the button “Play movie” and ready.
List of the best Blu-ray players to install on Windows and macOS for free
If you want to get more solutions regarding Blu-Ray content player programs, you have reached the indicated section of the post to find out the best software available for it to run on both Windows and macOS computers:
Wondershare Video Ultimate Converter
Compatible with both operating systems and free, this program is considered one of the most optimal for playing BD movies with the best quality. Also, it stands out as a cross-platform alternative capable of supporting more than 100 video formats, among which are the most usual such as MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, among others.
On the other hand, it allows you to burn and personalize your DVDs through a menu of DVD templates that you provide at no cost. It even allows you to run conversions much faster than any conventional convert and supports processes to convert an optimized preset for almost all devices. Further, you can download and record videos with this player.
Wondershare Video Ultimate Converter
It is estimated as another of the most advantageous programs when it comes to playing movies or videos on Blu-Ray. Since does not admit quality losses of any kind, it detects the content automatically and can support countless video formats without the prior requirement of installing a codec.
It should be noted that it is compatible with all versions of Windows and also with macOS, so users can download the software for free. Apart from this, we indicate that you have excellent technical support that will always be willing to help you.
Mac Blu-ray Player
It is a program with a very simple interface to use and completely free, which is only available for Mac computers. Being one of the best solutions for these users and for that reason, it already has more than 94,000 downloads worldwide. Taking into account that, the software can be found in several languages.
For its part, it can play any movie on Blu-Ray and offers the best possible quality, in terms of image and sound. In addition to that, it also has support for a large number of video formats distributed todayMainly: DVD, VideoCD, MOV, MKV, AVI, FLV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, RMVB, MP3, WMA, AAC, and AC3.
Video Only Blu-ray Player
For Windows and macOS users, this program is also a good solution when watching Blu-Ray movies directly from the computer and paying absolutely nothing. Thus, a program capable of offer the best possible visual effect Y the highest audio quality, without any loss.
For its part, it offers an extensive list of formats supported by it, which are: MP4, MKV, MPG, TS, WebM, VOB, MOV, AVI, AVCHD, AAC, FLAC, MP3, and M4A. It should also be noted that it has a very striking and easy-to-use user interface, provides a complete Blu-Ray menu for changing the titles or chapters, like the audio track or subtitles with just one click.
VLC Media Player
To conclude, we detail this famous alternative as a Blu-Ray content player that is also compatible with any Windows and macOS computer. In this sense, in addition to supporting the BD format, it also has support for the vast majority of video configurations that are currently distributed.
Also, VLC Media Player offers you options to burn clips while playing easily, ripping DVDs using fully specialized tools, convert video and sound files in different formats, download YouTube content, listen to online radio stations, watch video clips in ASCII mode, etc. It is also free.