Pair and Use the Sony WF-1000XM4 Headphones: Not sure how to pair Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones via your device’s Bluetooth? In this complete tutorial, you will find all the steps to connect them with your cell phone (Android/iOS) or Windows computer/notebook. In addition, you will also be able to check the list with all the functions, including how to use the touches to control the headphones.
Learn how to play music, answer calls and activate Siri or Google’s virtual voice assistant function. Also, see how to switch the Noise Canceling mode to Ambient Sound. Before starting the pairing procedure for your Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones, make sure your headphones have enough charge.
How to pair Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones on mobile?
Step 1: Remove the earphones inside the charging case. Once this is done, the headphones will turn on and automatically enter “pairing mode”.
Step 2: Go to your mobile’s Bluetooth and turn it on if the switch is off. From this step, try to keep the devices close to each other.
Step 3: Wait for the headphones to appear in the list of available devices. Then tap “WF-1000XM4”.
If it doesn’t, press and hold the buttons at the same time for 5 seconds to put the headphones into pairing mode.
Step 4: Finally, tap “Pair” / “Connect” to confirm and complete the pairing.
If a PIN code is requested on the cell phone screen, enter “0000”.
How to Pair Sony WF-1000XM4 Headphones on Windows Computer/Notebook
For Windows users, make sure your Bluetooth adapter is enabled and it supports music playback connections. After that, follow the instructions below:
- Remove both earbuds from inside the charging case.
- Click > Start > Settings and click Devices.
- Click Bluetooth and from the displayed list, select “WF-1000XM4”.
- Confirm on “Pair”.
- When you hear the phrase “Bluetooth connected”, it indicates that the process has been completed successfully.
What are the functions of the headphones and how to use them?
See below all the touch commands to control the Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones:
- Toggle Noise Canceling to Ambient Sound Mode: Tap once on the left earcup to switch between features.
- Play or pause music: one tap on the right earcup.
- Answer or end a call: double-tap the left or right earpiece.
- To skip to the beginning of the next song: double-tap on the right earphone.
- Skip to the beginning of the previous track or the current track during playback: three taps on the right earphone.
- Activate quick attention mode: press and hold the left earphone for a few seconds.
- Activate or cancel the voice assistance function (Siri/Google Assistant): press and hold the right earphone for a few seconds.
- Put the earbuds into pairing mode: press and hold both earbuds at the same time for about 5 seconds.
Tip: When performing 2 or 3 taps, do it quickly with an interval of about 0.3 seconds between actions.
To get the best experience with your Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones, we recommend downloading and installing the Sony Headphones Connect App on your phone. To do this, go to the Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS.