OnePlus finally released the Android 10 update for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro last October, and the company mentioned that the 5G version of the Pro variant would receive the latest version of Android in the first quarter of 2020. Well, keeping the promise, OnePlus released OxygenOS 10.0.4 for the 7 Pro 5G, which updates the phone to Android 10.
OnePlus 7 Pro
The update brings the usual set of news from Android 10, along with the new user interface and improved location permissions for privacy. You can check the full changelog below for more details:
- Updated to Android 10
- New user interface design
- Improved location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings, allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in Quick Settings
- Full-screen gestures
- Gestures have been added to the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a lower navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent applications
- Game Space
- The new Game Space feature now brings all of your favorite games together in one place for easy access and enhanced gaming experience
- Contextual information
- Intelligent information based on specific Ambient Screen times, locations and events (Settings – Screen – Ambient Screen – Contextual information)
- It is now possible to block spam by keywords in the Messages (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
OnePlus is distributing the update in a phased manner, which means that only a limited number of users will receive it initially, and a broader release will begin in a few days if no errors are found.
It is unclear which units are already receiving this update, but as OnePlus specifically mentioned Europe for the launch of Android 10 in the first quarter of 2020, it is likely that the new version will make its debut on the Old Continent.