Discord has become one of the best messaging and communication apps that exist today. The platform, which during its beginnings was overshadowed by WhatsApp and Telegram, has managed to increase the number of active users who use this service on a daily basis.
If you are a Discord user, surely you must be participating in a variety of servers, be it for work, entertainment or studies. Well, if one of the ones you are in receives a large number of messages and you want to get rid of the constant notifications, we will soon explain how you can silence a server on Discord.
How to mute a server on Discord
Muting a server on Discord is as easy as changing its name. In fact, it will only take you a couple of minutes to do so. To get started, the first thing you need to do is open Discord on your mobile and then you need to do the following:
- Once you are on the main Discord screen, you need to find the server you want to mute.
- Upon finding it, you must press and hold the server icon until an options window appears.
- The next thing is to press on Notifications.
- Next, you have to click on the first section that appears called Silence XXXXXX (in place of the X will be the name of the server).
- Finally, a menu will appear with several options to silence the server, so you only have to choose how long you want the server to be silent and that’s it.
As you see in the image above, you can silence a server for 15 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 24 hours, or forever. By activating this function you will stop receiving notifications that arrive on that server, although if you open Discord you will see an indicator that alerts you to unread messages.
Also, in case you have muted a group, you can turn notifications back on by doing the same steps as explained above.