With the current situation, which has hit our economy and lifestyle hard, everything has changed. Some procedures that you were used to doing easily before, are now more difficult to do and take longer to complete. In Spain, we are experiencing this with the SEPE (State Public Employment Service) whose employment offices are serving the public, but with a mandatory prior appointment.
- Advertisement -
Where do I get a prior appointment from SEPE? Well, online through the SEPE Electronic Office or by phone by calling the SEPE contact number. If you need help to carry out this process, stay with us as we will immediately show you all the steps to request a prior appointment at the SEPE in two possible ways. It is very simple!
Before making an appointment at the SEPE you should know this
Right now, there are many people requesting to be attended in person at the SEPE employment offices. That, coupled with the virus restrictions and the recent hack of the SEPE website with ransomware, has caused its dating system to be very limited. In other words, now it is more difficult to get an appointment and if you do, it is within a month or more. Therefore, the SEPE recommends the following:
- Advertisement -
- If you have a secure means of identification (digital certificate, electronic ID, or cl @ ve user), you can carry out most of the procedures from the SEPE electronic headquarters without having to wait.
- In case you do not have a secure means of identification, you can choose to use the online pre-application form that allows you to manage some procedures, request benefits, or contact the SEPE.
- For procedures related to a job application, the SEPE advises you to go to this link.
With these alternatives, you can carry out certain procedures online and quickly without having to go through the gateway waiting for the previous appointment and without going to the SEPE employment offices (or only when required). But if you need to be seen in person, then see how to make an appointment at the SEPE in the following sections.
How to request an appointment at SEPE step by step, is very easy!
Whether you want to process benefits, unemployment benefits, or ERTE, you must make an appointment in advance. On the Internet it is done in this way:
- Advertisement -
- Click this link: SEPE Electronic Office – Prior appointment.
- Then, enter your postal code and DNI, NIE, or NIF.
- Next, choose the procedure to be carried out in the options shown.
- Finally, enter the security verification code and click OK.
- Thus, another section will open where you must enter your name and surname, and choose the day and time for your previous appointment from the available dates.
- To finish, put your contact information (phone and email) and click on Confirm.
Clever! That way, you will have already obtained your previous appointment at the SEPE and they will give you a verification code that verifies it. In addition, you will receive an email (or an SMS) from the SEPE confirming that you actually made the prior appointment.
How to make an appointment with the SEPE by phone
Alternatively, you can request your previous SEPE appointment by making a phone call in this way:
- Call this number: 912 738 384.
- They are open 24 hours a day from Monday to Sunday.
- First, choose the language in which you want to be supported: press 1 for Spanish and 2 for other languages.
- Now enter the 5 digits of your zip code.
- You must also enter your DNI, NIE, or NIF when indicated.
- Then, choose the procedure you want to carry out by listening to the available options.
- If there is availability for the appointment you want, they will automatically schedule it and indicate the date and time you should go to the office.
- After obtaining the previous appointment, ask that they send you the proof of the appointment by SMS.
That’s all! If you were not able to get the appointment in this way, we recommend that you try again another day or request the appointment online with the method that we presented before which is more effective.
How to cancel a previous SEPE appointment
Can’t you go to your agreed SEPE appointment? Do you need to cancel it? Then follow these steps:
- Enter this link: SEPE Electronic Office – Appointment management.
- Select Appointment Cancellation.
- Enter your DNI, NIE or NIF followed by the date and time of the scheduled appointment.
- Finally, enter the security verification code and click Cancel.
It is done! That way you will no longer have a pending appointment and your quota will have been released so that another person can take advantage of it. Of course, keep in mind that you cannot directly assign your appointment to another person. Likewise, it is important to mention that previous SEPE appointments cannot be canceled by phone.
What if I don’t go to the appointment and I don’t cancel it either? You will not be penalized or fined, but you will have to wait a long time to order another.
How to contact the SEPE
Now, if you need to contact the SEPE to consult something or request information, you can do so through the following telephone numbers:
- 91 273 83 84: for prior appointments, available 24 hours a day – every day.
- 91 273 83 83 / Other contact numbers: for attention to citizens, available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. To attend cases of unemployment benefits, check the schedules here.
- 91 273 83 85: for business services, available from Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
You can also use the inquiry form to ask a question, make a request, or make a suggestion. For now, these are all the communication channels offered by the SEPE, since the employment offices are only serving people by appointment.